Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. I believe there are higher beings.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Fairchild

Have you read In Search of Christian Freedom (Ray Franz) It helped me answer a few of my questions, but mainly addressed the JW issues. But recently, another book I found in harmony with Franz conclusions, but going beyond, gave me clues to find the deeper answers I was seeking. I'm gonna read it again very soon, more slowly this time.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol startingover!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If a fool can figure it out, why can't you.

Oop!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    We cannot demand that we be judged and punished accordingly to our expectations and thinking.

I'm not asking to be judged by god according to my own expectations. What I'm saying is that there is no god who is going to judge us! I am a good, moral person and I don't act this way simply because I'm afraid of God's wrath.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMAO startingover!!!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya jaffacake, for the sake of the members and lurkers here, what was the name of that book you said you were reading recently? about really looking at the bible in light of different angles etc.? in a thread you started about it?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hibiscus,

your cognitive dissonance is well covered. but i would say that when confronted with death, you will have the same fear as all homo sapiens. YOU CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE, just because the Lord of the Rings, er...i mean the bible tells you what happens.

sheesh!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Man has invented thousands of gods all throughout history

Yes man has invented thousands of gods. However the God I am talking about has created us and was there from the beginning and will be there in the end.

The ALpha and the Omega.

How is it that man can create gods and yet God cannot create Us?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"But," replied the stricken man, "there is nothing to stick to!"

Tears

*** Gives hibiscusfire some Fly Paper ***

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit