Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hibiscusfire!!! You must stop this blasphemy before you reap the wrath of the Invisible Pink Unicorn!!! I only say this because I care about your immortal soul!!!

Here is something to help you on your way...

Summary of the Major Articles of Faith

• Our Lady Unicorn is Pink and Invisible.
    • She prefers Pineapple and Ham Pizza to Pepperoni and Mushroom. The latter is said to be eaten only by followers of the despicable Purple Oyster (of Doom). [cf]
    • The Followers of the IPU have more Holy Days than those of all other faiths put together, as any Holy Day of any faith is automatically an IPU Holy Day. Holy Days are used by the Faithful to sow seeds of doubt and uncertainty in the minds of addicts of other religions. The Holiest Day of the Year is April 1 st . It is the day on which the She suggests we find a religious nut and say "There is as much evidence for the existence of your god/gods as there is for the Invisible Pink Unicorn, why don't you check out her web-site, maybe you'll learn something?"
    • A significant number to followers of the IPU is 42. It is the answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?" Importantly, if you add together the digits of the year in which she was revealed, (1+9+9+4) you get 23. If you add 4 (for Her hooves), add 2 (Her ears) add 2 (Her eyes) add 1 (Her Horn), add 1 (Her tail) then add 9 the result is also 42. This proves the significance of Two Score and Two.
    • Certain chosen followers of the IPU are blessed with visitations, shown with signs in their laundry. See the Revelation of The Lost Prophetess of AOL for more details.
  • iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I would have thought it was the other way round - an athiest has many answers but no questions.

Alternatively, praise Batman!

ig.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    An atheist has many questions but no answers.

I am not an atheist. But boy, I have a ton of questions and no answers. If at least a few answers don't come soon, I might become an atheist and then I won't have to worry about the questions anymore.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

quoting scripture at an atheist, is like an atheist quoting to your from any book. for example, let me tell you about why you, hibiscusfire, need to take the Fellowship of the Ring into your heart, and replace jesus with it:

in the Lord of the Rings, we learn that there is a great struggle going on between good and evil. dwarves, men, elves, wizards, tree ents and hobbits are all joining together to fight the great evil, sauron. frodo and sam are on the way to mount doom as we speak, to forever save the world. get on their side while you still have time!

so, do you see the ridiculousness of quoting scripture, when the person you are trying to help doesn't think it is any different that any other book? the Lord of the Rings, doesn't have a disclaimer at the front of the book saying that it is just fiction. and neither does the bible.

if you really want to help us atheists, you have to start by understanding our mindset. here is a quote from an atheist that i think will help you understand us better:

"I contend we are both Atheists - I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you reject all other gods, you will understand why I reject yours."

-Stephen F. Roberts

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    An atheist has no escape in death!

The Bible teaches that God so loved the world, and Jesus died for all. Are you so sure that post-18th century conservative christianity that teaches that only Christians will be saved, is what the Bible really teaches. This view ignores some of what the Bible says.

Some will be saved but will not know why.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

So why is it so easy to believe that there are elves - fiction?

So hard to believe there is a Creator of the universe? Because you cannot see Him. You can feel can't you?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

you totally miss the point. i find it just as hard to believe in elves as i do in god.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

When we travel to a foreign land, we will be judged by the laws of that land no matter how severe they may be.

We cannot demand that we be judged and punished accordingly to our expectations and thinking. Similarly, when we die and meet God, we will be judged by His high and holy standards, and not by our standards, or rather "substandards".

King

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

well, if you say so, then i guess it must be so...

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

We are so subnormal that when we try to be normal others will think that we are abnormal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit