Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, I was one post short in my calculations: exit Hibby for the next 16 hours or so...

• startingover
    startingover

Great Post Funky D

I've cut and pasted it into my collection.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Millions hope to earn heaven by doing their best. But the Bible says our best will never be good enough:

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags? Isaiah 64:6

I just clicked on this thread to see what was going on. Good night, it looks like it's the end of the month, and this poor soul ran out of her meds. EvilForce, you might not be on-call, but for the love of cyber space--please do something, STAT.

If doing our best isn't "good enough" for your god (I'm sure she's the only true god), then your god suffers low self-esteem, and needs others to crap on in order to have a good day. Thanks for the thread--sometimes I forget how crazy the Bible really is in the hands of many people. :(

Funky D -- great post, very well done!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags? Isaiah 64:6

Ok I am really cracking up at this scripture. LOL I just pulled out my NIV and it really does say that. LOL I can't stop cracking up.

Wow now I'm a 'filthy rag' on top of all the other stupid things the JW's say. LOL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol, ya that is a good one.

one of my favorites, showing the immaturity of hibiscusfire's god:

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." mal 2:3

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Java....I think she flipped her lid years ago....I think she's beyond medicating....LOL

but my fav biblical verse from Duet. is:

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

And to think, I work really hard at getting girls to do that. Damn doG, please, I dont need any of your help here.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I actually appreciate this scripture, to me it describes field service, an outward show of goodness, completely missing the point being that salvation is a free gift and cannot be earned by works, otherwise 'Christ died for nothing'.

One translation I read includes the word menstrual just to give a more vivid picture.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hibiscus.... a couple points to ponder:

The new edition of "Peace and Conflict," a biennial global survey being published next week by the University of Maryland, shows that the number and intensity of wars and armed conflicts have fallen once again, continuing a steady 15-year decline that has halved the amount of organized violence around the world.

In the 20th century, despite two world wars, humans had less than a 2 percent chance of dying in war or a mass killing, according to John Mueller, a political scientist at Ohio State. Today the risk is lower still - about a quarter the chance of dying in a car accident. Did Jesus talk about all the slaughter from auto accidents?

But before you dismiss us optimists as hopeless naifs, you might ask yourself if you're suffering from the malaise described in a book by Mr. Easterbrook called "The Progress Paradox": the better life gets, the worse people feel. The more peaceful and wealthy the world becomes, the more time we all have to watch wars and warnings on television.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

How is it that man can create gods and yet God cannot create Us?

Because we exist?

Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit