Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

Hibiscusfire's illustrations (Sir Isaac Newton, Hawaii, etc) all came from this webpage:

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/136/136_02.asp

Jack Chick... what a shock.

At least the sinful Jesus-hating hellbound atheists think for themselves... great thread, I missed it first time!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Jack Chick... what a shock.

You can't go wrong with Jack Chick. Those are the tracts that get READ! (Though probably not for the reason Mr. Chick publishes them, unless I've been suckered into another artfully contrived parody!)

Dave

• donkey
    donkey

Satan is the true lord and he created it all. I sing to you Satan, may you posses the soul of Hibiscusfire and show yourself as the real lord of eternity...abba mutha

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hallowed are the Ori

Hallowed are the children of the Ori

The power of the Ori shall be felt far and wide, and the wicked shall be vanquished! Hallowed are the Ori!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Come on. I have Jesus. What else would I miss.

Monkey Love!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This thread is a great introduction for newbie ex-dubs to the comedy styling's of Hibiscusfire. It's one of my all time favorite posts and I hope we can get it in the "best of" section.

GBL

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

God has a plan for us but if we choose not to take it then we’ll be dammed. I don’t want to go to hell do you?

Hibiscusfire

Well, if this isn't my beef with the brand of Christianity you're peddling, I don't know what is. Devotion born out of fear isn't honest--it's motivation is not formed out of the desire to do what is just and good, but rather out of the desire to dodge a promised eternal peril if you are not devoted.

A poster on this board once posted the following sentence and it was a watershed moment for me: "Ask yourself this simple question: Can you truly, honestly, and without reservation promise to love and serve someone who threatens to kill you if you don't?"

My answer is no.

• talesin
    talesin

I sing to you Satan, may you posses the soul of Hibiscusfire and show yourself as the real lord of eternity...abba mutha the comedy styling's of Hibiscusfire. this is very naughty.

• Daunt
    Daunt

That is all that Hibs has been preaching. I haven't heard one bit of analytical questioning or truth to support the claim that Hibs has been preaching, all it has been is emotions and baseless claims. What people will do to themselves to keep themselves in the blissful state of being right is just plain sad.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Are you an atheist?
    Yes, thank god. I mean, thank atheism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit