Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Valis:

Could it be......SATAN????

Valis is that you in the picture??

And Satan is always trying to corrupt people’s mind including yours. Did you know that?

Hibiscusfire

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I have atheism. What more could I want?

Do you think that's boring?

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I have atheism. What more could I want?

Do you think that's boring?

GBL

Yes as a matter of fact atheism is boring because you just don’t realize how special a person is in God’s eyes. Being an atheist…you have nowhere to go and no one to turn to in a higher realm. Besides IT DOESN’T MAKE YOU SPECIAL AT ALL. You are just a face in the crowd.

Hibiscusfire

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

hubiscus,

A purely hypothetical question for you.

How would you personally feel if YOU discovered that God / Jesus did not exist?

steve

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think Christianity is boring because everybody thinks they are important in God's eyes. Being a Christian, you think you have someone to turn to but you are really speaking to the empty sky. Besides it doesnt make you special at all. You are just a face in the crowd.

GBL

• Valis
    Valis

That is the same mess the dubbies try and pull on people....without us you are nothing....Is that really the ultimate teaching of Jesus? If so it certainly leaves a bad taste in one's mouth and I'll stick to not believing at all..

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to believe in satan. Now, without satan in my life, it's so much easier. Life just sort of rolls along, and it's all mine.

S

• daystar
    daystar
    Yes as a matter of fact atheism is boring because you just don’t realize how special a person is in God’s eyes. Being an atheist…you have nowhere to go and no one to turn to in a higher realm. Besides IT DOESN’T MAKE YOU SPECIAL AT ALL. You are just a face in the crowd.

Atheism is boring simply because they have shrugged off the control of their ghost-like daddy (and/or mommy)? So is a child's worth dependant upon whether or not they have parents?

Atheism is less boring than being religious because there isn't some make believe ghost person sitting up on a cloud dictating what one should or should not do. An atheist is free from dogma to clear his own path rather than walk down that wide, well-worn path of religiousity.

Atheism = adventure

Theism = not so much since it's supposedly all laid out

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If you missed this thread back in May, you GOTTA check it out now. Sweet stuff, especially in the first 5-6 pages.

Enjoy!

Dave

• Daunt
    Daunt

This thread is one of my favorites by Hibs. Good mix of what makes these threads addictive to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit