Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

cygnus: the question of God's existence is an absurd one to even ask.

It may be difficult for some of us to believe that we can really know God, yet it is true that we can.

What does God look like? When we think of God, what kind of image comes to our mind's eye? Do we see God as some sort of superpower that hits us over the head with a big stick when we have been bad?

Or does our image of God seem so eerie that we cannot even imagine that, as humans, we could possibly see Him?

Hibiscusfire

John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God,
    and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

steven: A purely hypothetical question for you.

How would you personally feel if YOU discovered that God / Jesus did not exist?

I can answer by saying that's not even possible. Besides if God didn't exist I would not exist either neither would you. I would not feel anything.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

GBL:

Being a Christian, you think you have someone to turn to but you are really speaking to the empty sky.

In the first place the sky is not empty. There are many things in the sky...alive and not alive.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Valis:

That is the same mess the dubbies try and pull on people....without us you are nothing...

I never said that ok valis. You are somebody but what happens after you leave this earth...where will you go? If you close your eyes can you not sense and feel things still? You have a soul and God is the one who gave it to you.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Whether or not you are an atheist you can ask God to have mercy upon the people and their homes for protection with respect to Hurricane Katrina.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

S:

I used to believe in satan. Now, without satan in my life, it's so much easier. Life just sort of rolls along, and it's all mine.

So who do you believe in now?

Life is not yours...you did not create it. If life was all yours you could live forever on earth and not ever die.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

daystar:

So is a child's worth dependant upon whether or not they have parents?

Atheism is less boring than being religious because there isn't some make believe ghost person sitting up on a cloud dictating what one should or should not do.

A child's worth is precious. God sees us as His children. A child without a parent or guardian cannot survive. Without God we could not live or exist. A child is nurtured before he/she is even born...God knew the child even before he/she existed even as an embryo.

God is not make-believe and He is not sitting on a cloud. He is everywhere. God is not a dictator. He has given us freedom to choose. We do not always make the right choices and end up in trouble.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

glitter:

Jack Chick... what a shock.

Jack Chick does get read by a lot of people including yourself because you went there....very effective tracks.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

elsewhere:

Monkey Love!!!

And did you recently go to the zoo or the jungle to be adorned by the love of your "relatives"?

In the jungle they'd run or kill you. At the zoo they'd probably throw sh...t (to to) at you.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Sara:

Can you truly, honestly, and without reservation promise to love and serve someone who threatens to kill you if you don't?"

Forgive me if I have interpretted wrong..but God never threatened to kill anyone. We do not choose God or Satan it's not like that.

Satan has control of people's minds. God has given us a choice and a chance to live eternal life and to live in peace. Satan is the one who kills. Satan wants everyone in hell with him. He wants company so he will not suffer alone.

Hibie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit