Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

My sister was being fondled by the Presiding Overseer. When she told my Mom and Dad they went to the other Elders. The P.O. said that she was just looking for attention. Not long after about 3 other kids came forward with the same accusations. He was quickly disfellowshipped.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I knew a family of 5 young ones that were all molested by their step father.

This despicable pig was "Publically Reproved" and allowed to to have contact with his step children. This same PIG used to have lots of "Young People Gatherings" at his house...so I can only imagine what happened there that the BOE swept under the rug. Appartenly the 3 year old little boy had so much physical and emotional trauma that he was checked into a home for unstable children.

Makes my blood boil.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yes

Josie

• Quotes
    Quotes

Count me among the "personally know" class.

My best friend's sister had some sort of encounter with and elder.

I don't know the details, she still won't talk about it now, about 20 years later.

All I do know is she confided in me (way back then, after it happened and the cover-up had, well, covered everything): "Do you know what he *DID* to me? If I went to the police instead of the elders, he'd be in jail right now.". She said this with tears forming.

The elder lost his elder's privleges. The victim's father, also an elder, was among the elder body that failed to report to the police. To this day, he remains friends with the perpetrator.

For some reason, the victim is still a JW; I suppose she thinks this was a remote incident and doesn't want to "throw out the baby with the bath water". But as I've said before here on JWD, IMO, there is no baby. There is just a big, stinky baby-poopie.

~Quotes, of the "Pampers" class

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I know of one woman who had been abused by her dad who was an elder.

She was in a right old mess, got divorced, got into drugs, ended up in prison for dealing cocaine. Not sure what happened to her four lovely children all under the age of 10. It all went to court though about him, and apparently hit the national papers.

Also my old cong were contacted by the police because a known & registered paedophile was having a bible study. It was just friendly advice about him, naturally the brothers ignored it cos he was making such good progress. But my concern was that he was studying with a family who had a 12 year old boy, 10 year old girl and a baby. There were LOADS of single brothers over the age of 30. Why couldnt he make good progress with one of them???

They are so fu(king naieve, they'd rather put their own kids in jepardy rather than hand over a bible study.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Very sadly, yes.

A friend in the cong, my age. I always wondered why her (step) dad was so protective of how she looked in public. She couldn't go out with any friends except me because I was an elder's daughter, etc.

She was df'd for fornication. Her stepdad was abusing her since she was 11, and her mom walked in on them when she was 16. He had started in on her younger sister even. Of course mom "knew nothing".

Another friend, the daugher of another prominent elder in the area, was sexually abused by her maternal grandfather. A few years ago she admitted it to me, and told me she asked her mom why she allowed it? Her mom answered that she had been abused by him, and it was just what happened in that family! How aweful. Well, I was cleaning house for her grandparents and one day when we were along, wife gone to market, he made inappropriate advances. I split immediately, but I didn't tell ANYONE because I didn't want to cause shame to my friends family.

Ugly stuff.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    just as the Catholic Curch may well be

One big difference between the WTBTS coverups and the Catholic Church coverups: The Catholics covered up abuses by their priests. The WTBTS covers up abuses by it's male members, Elder, MS, or not. Especially if the abuser is a well-liked person and an active publisher in good standing; and most abusers are personable and well-liked.

• Netty
    Netty

Yes, not only my on brother, who was abused by a "brother" who actually went to jail. Not because the witnesses reported him, but because the parents in the neighborhood, where he messed with non-witness kids, reported him

Then, there is the daughter of an elder, who was molested by her own father, THE ELDER. When I asked my elder father just a few weeks ago about this he said "YOU BETTER BELIEVE he was DEALT with" So I said " what, you mean he was reported to the police" then of course his look said it all, he was stumped. Of course they never reported him to the police.

• chris1525
    chris1525

pray tell who?

• LanDi
    LanDi

Well, you know, it should be said but I personally know an individual who was sexually abused by a relative (forced incest) for some time in the congregation. I won't speculate because I'll never know the full details and I'd really better watch myself but I think it went on for a number of years( a child abuser never does it the once as I later discovered) The funny thing is, no one listened to an eight year old girls cries becasue , it would " shame Jehovahs name"

So basically, it really was just ignored. I know the person IS a Pervert, because I know he performed a sex act on her child years later , but I should really tell you that. Its I think you'll agree, pretty disgusting. But, let's brush it under the carpet becasue Satans misleading us from the truth and so on and so forth. We're being conditioned by the world into thinking Gods spirit directed organization is something bad and we should never criticise our 'mother' the Watchtower society.

Its a beautiful thing. Unless you're a child of course.

Whatever happened to " You must not bring a Dog into the house of Jehovah" ???????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit