Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

A frightening thought for you...

Everyone (myself included) on this post knows of someone who has been abused and whilst in the truth and sometimes more than one.

Our pool of people asked are from a vast cross section of the world and yet we have had the same experiences, out of over 700 peeks at this post 60 odd have responded which is just under 10%....statistically about 10% of the posters on this site has direct knowledge of some form of sexual abuse...multiply that by 3 which is around the average number of people we know have suffered as a victim and you have a massive amount of sexual abuse; well above that of which you find in any other cross section of the community I would hazard a guess.

And yet the society denies that theres an epidemic of child abuse within its organisation....

What are they thinking?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as Bill Bowen said - a pedophile paradise - that is what the organization is

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Mini, I am trying to be nice,

but your comments,_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ NPY, ......I am not suggesting IN ANY WAY that molesters aren't molesters unless they have "witnesses" to prove it. And regarding your questions---- Where do you get these things?? I asked this question because in my experience as an elder I knew a few that were affected by molestation. In reading this thread, I see there were scores affected by molesters in the "Christian congregation". Some here have indicated that nearly every female they knew were molested! ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This proves to me no one reads your comments, only your questions. Gee, where did we learn this from? I got my COMMENTS from life. So now you know whole lot of people who were molested and know of molesters. Congratulations.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know of 2. I was molested by my stepdad who was a MS. My friend was molested by an elder. A couple of weeks ago I emailed my stepdad. First communication in 10 years. I told him I had forgiven him, but not forgotten. The bitterness was comsuming me. He emailed me back, thanking me for the forgiveness. (etc.) Any ideas on what I could do with the email? Now I just pity him.

• bisous
    bisous
    So now you know whole lot of people who were molested and know of molesters. Congratulations.

this is kinda where i was going with my question to mini "why do you ask". of course, i wasn't surprised that i didn't get a response, i rarely do. actually feel kinda stupid that i answered to begin with.

• avishai
    avishai

Here's the really scary part. some stats say that by the time a molester is caught on average they have already molested over a hundred kids. Some stats lower that to just over 50.

Either way, it's huge. And that's why their policy is so horrid and repugnant. It allows these monsters to keep doing what they are doing with impunity. If any of you know of these molesters, and they are still free, it is your DUTY to report them. These children are helpless.

I posted this in another thread. They use the excuse that by not reporting they are "Protecting Jehovah"

Think of how ironic this is. They are protecting an Omnipotent, Eternal, Universe creating being over a helpless child. In reality they are covering their asses and their profit margins.

I think god can handle himself.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

yes, I do..many.....hits a bit close to home.

• toladest
    toladest

Diamond, I'm not sure that your statistics aren't off. It seems to me the statistics are far worse. I have viewed this thread 3 times myself. If most here come back to check more posts than it could that less than half the number viewed is the actual number of DIFFERENT people that have been here. That would make the problem WAY bigger. That makes your point that much more shocking! WOW!

• minimus
    minimus

When someone calls this a "pedophile paradise", it may very well be, just as the Catholic Curch may well be. But certainly, not EVERY person who is a JW personally knows of someone that was sexually abused. This does not discount that abuse is pervasive but it also doesn't prove that every JW has been exposed to this pedophilia. I suggest that a reason why many JWs do not see this as an issue is because THEY PERSONALLY are totally unaware of such problems. When a lurking JW sees a thread like this, they too become aware of the tragedy that does go on in "Jehovah's clean organization".

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Interesting thread...and your post Minimus... this reminds me of the answer people give to this question, Do you know anyone who has HIV...Most people I've asked say no, yet they don't realize HIV is not something people have stamped on their forehead. It's the same with abuse survivors. My siblings and I all were abused (4 of us)-we moved from congregation to congregation every other year...we were known throughout the district as well...I'm talking 1000s of Witnesses knew us or met us as my parents became Witnesses in 58 and the last of us kids didn't leave until '85 (that would me moi). So with the untold invisable #'s of 1 in 3 girls (public stats) and 1 in 4 boys experiencing some form of sexual abuse in their lifetime, who hasn't met a victim? And considering how many Witnesses disclosed their experience to me when I went public in '81 (whether abused by strangers, family, in or outside a religion), I cannot believe anyone hasn't met a victim sometime in their life. And if you've been a Witness the chances are the same odds as any religion's members. To me the world is a Pedophile's Paradise. http://www.fatherstouch.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit