Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

4 of my husbands sisters. His mother. His niece & Nephew.

Not all by the same person.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yes way to many....and yes while a JW.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I know of atleast 3, all were abused by elders!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    20 y.o. Danny to date,court and marry their rebellious child,before she leaves the 'truth'. They are all dysfunctional from the get-go. There is a saying: Girls married at 16 Boys married at 18 or they leave da troof Then you have the perk of eldership to rob the cradle and marry a sister half your age,"cause the new system is gonna make him young again in 6 months".

There was a lot of that in my area. I always found it totally gross. Shortly before my exit, I was at a JW wedding. Bride was marrying a creep 20+ yrs older than her and she was at the maturity level of a 13 y.o., though chronologically old enough to consent to marriage. Creep MS had been flirting with both of us since age 11! He used to give me flowers and stuff when I was a child. It was totally gross, and no one did anything about it.

Back to the wedding scene....me and a friend who was about to exit were sitting at a table with older couples. We both were disgusted and sad, sitting there virtually silent. The older couples said we were jealous of the bride, but "not to worry, you'll find someone too, just as nice as <nameless MS creep>". I said, "I hope not." They continued to say we were both jealous. The feeling was actually nausea, not jealousy!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    The older couples said we were jealous of the bride, but "not to worry, you'll find someone too, just as nice as <nameless MS creep>". I said, "I hope not." They continued to say we were both jealous. The feeling was actually nausea, not jealousy!

rebel8 - These people are peeping through rose colored glasses. To them, ANY man is better than NO man. AND ... all of the brothers are nice and sweet . Just look at the posts here - they have no idea!

I never knew of anyone who was sexually abused in the org that I can recall. I know of some physical/psychological abuse but it wasn't until I started surfing the web that the truth was revealed to me.

I think it's the most disgusting and damaging thing that can be done to a child. A three year sentence for child molestation? Come on! I say - LOCK "EM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!! .

• toladest
    toladest

WOW KIM! Over 1800! That is truely sad....

I personally know 6 girls that were abused. (Well, more now since the Silentlambs March but I'm not counting them as I did not know them before that) I know the names of 2 others that were abused by a relative and I know of allegations of 12 others that say they were abused by that same relative. I know at least 5 JW abusers and 2 non-JW abusers.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Yes. A brother who had been elder at the time had been found out by one of the kids, he actually had enough gumption to come forward with it, faced the guy in a JC and everything. Then after he came forward, 5 other boys including his stepson came forward. One of the boys was my best friends brother, so it really hit close to home. They didn't df him, but he was privately reproved. sick.

• Chia
    Chia

I do, and in my own family. The abuser was not a baptized Witness, but he was "on the fringes". I don't blame the elders though because they don't know. In fact, I didn't even know until fairly recently. The whole situation has been kept hush hush to "keep the peace", but I don't know how the people he abused are holding up. The one that is close to me, just suppresses it. The other person has had a lot of trauma in their life. I feel so sad.

• minimus
    minimus

NPY, ......I am not suggesting IN ANY WAY that molesters aren't molesters unless they have "witnesses" to prove it. And regarding your questions---- Where do you get these things?? I asked this question because in my experience as an elder I knew a few that were affected by molestation. In reading this thread, I see there were scores affected by molesters in the "Christian congregation". Some here have indicated that nearly every female they knew were molested!

• kat2u
    kat2u

yes, I know of several.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit