Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• minimus
    minimus

,,,,while they were Witnesses?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes.

Nina

• minimus
    minimus

I know a few (too many) but not many.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah. My brother. And Leanne Morley who was on the CBS news. And a few others who were victims of my bro's molester. As well as other victims.

For details, see here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/38146/1.ashx

And here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/46670/1.ashx

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes. I was a psych social worker after leaving the dubs & putting myself through college, and I treated a handful of current JWs who had been or were being abused (not my assumption--by admission of the elders who came to interfere talk to the patient's treatment team).

• blondie
    blondie

Within the WTS, I know 9 people personally, including myself, that I can think of recently.

Due to my work in law enforcement and the court system and Al-Anon and ACOA, I know of many outside the Borg.

Blondie

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, I should point out, that all of them had it covered up as well. That's the kicker.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, we can't be giving the Organization a bad rep, now can we??

• happyout
    happyout

Yes, a girl I grew up with said her father molested her, and she was removed from the home and put into the foster care system.

This was years and years ago, and I remember my parents (who had known the father since they were teens) refused to believe it, and said very unflattering things about the girl. I recently asked my mother about it, and she said she now believes anyone is capable of anything, so maybe the father did molest her. Too little, too late.

Happyout

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes. I was and know of 4 others.

Mine was covered up by the elders, as were all the others.

One of our friends uncle abused her. She went to the elders and nothing happened so she then went to the police. None of her family now talks to her because of it.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit