Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes a girl in my congo had been abused by her dad when they were JW's. She was married when I knew her, and was taking her dad to court. Apparently her story was all over the national news.

After I had known her a couple of years she left her husband and started selling and taking drugs. She ended up in prison. Her ex was still very supportive tho, he said she was dealing with all the damage of her childhood.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I know of at least 5 people.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• lowden
    lowden

Yep, certainly do. Quite a few.

Including one girl that was screwed by her dad from the age of 6 yrs to 16, during which time her dad was also appointed a Ministerial Servant. I was in the same cong'.

She broke the news when she was in her mid 20's after holding onto it for all those years.

Lowden

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, 4 girls in our kh, all raped by their then - elder father. The eldest went to the police, and he is currently exactly where he belongs - prison.

• Kudra
    Kudra

You might think that it is sort of common for a group of people to all know someone who was molested.

BUT all of the people that we know who are molested belong to the SAME group. I think that if I got together with a group of, say, my running friends, we would all know a couple of people who had been molested. But they would be from totally disparate groups- some we would know from grade school, some from work, some we met at a bar, etc.

It would be beyond weird if ALL the people we knew that were molested were part of and were molested BY the VERY SAME group. Which is the deal here.

For example, there would be no way that if I got a large group of grad students from my school together we could come up with a large number of people that were ALL molested by professors or workers at the university...

Hope I got that point across clearly...?

-K

p.s. the only people that I know who were molested belong to the JWs. Pretty f-n' pathetic for the only group on earth that has religious truth...

• Quandary
    Quandary

I found out a couple of years ago that the reason the "Congregation Servant" (the equivalent of the Presiding Overseer in the 60s) in my old congregation was removed was because he was caught by his wife molesting his two step grand daughters. This disgusting slime bag was later appointed as an elder in the mid 70's.

Q

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Yep!

A niece was molested while a baby by her grandfather, he was a Pioneer and everyone looked up to him. He also groped my sisters on various occasions...Great JW that one - got a big JW funeral when he died and al!

Also we had a family move into our congregation. The unmarried daughter had a baby, on the first meeting which they attended it was announced the baby was the product of incest, the girl's father was also the baby's father! It had been going on for years and has uncovered when the younger sister was also attacked when she got to a certain age. The father? Oh of course he was the Congregation Servant!

Because the elders and servants are not accountable to any one, the religion itself really is a paedophile paradise.

Pope

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Several, yes.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes. One was a teen that was taken out for a day on a boat by a brother in his twenties. He took several teen aged boys out to sky and then brought them home, where he got them drinking alcohol. When the boy passed out in a bedroom, he awoke to the older brother giving him oral sex. It turned out the older brother had been dfed in Arkansas for the same thing, then he moved on to Louisiana. It took a couple of years for the older brother to be dfed again for the incident. He was not arrested. The parents of the teens thought the older brother was good association and blindly trusted him with their sons. How sad.

I know of others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit