Do You Personally Know Of Any JW That Was Sexually Abused?

by minimus 88 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bryan
    Bryan

yes

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i know of several kids from one family that was sexually molested by their witness uncle..he's now an elder in western ky.

i know of a boy who was molested by a brother in our hall.the brother is now in another state as far as i know in good standing.

• talesin
    talesin

Dee, you may be in a position to report , if you have strong suspicions. This can be done anonymously. I have done it myself, when I was a rape crisis line worker. It is a responsibilty that we, as adults, have. If we know about current abuse, we must report for the sake of the children.

Call your local rape crisis centre, please, and discuss this with them (anonymously, if you wish). They can help you decide if there is anything that can be done, and may even report it for you.

I`m putting this out here because many of you may not realize that these things can be reported, to a doctor, the police, or the appropriate government agency, confidentially. Check with your local rape crisis centre for advice if you know of a problem.

sincerely,

t

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Criminal cover ups YES! I know where a whole lot of bodies are buried,witnessed since 1957. But there are 'grey area' too,such as parents of a 14 y.o. daughter desperate for 20 y.o. Danny to date,court and marry their rebellious child,before she leaves the 'truth'. They are all dysfunctional from the get-go. There is a saying: Girls married at 16 Boys married at 18 or they leave da troof Then you have the perk of eldership to rob the cradle and marry a sister half your age,"cause the new system is gonna make him young again in 6 months". What's going to happen when these babes have to change daddy's diapers? I almost got sucked into marrying a sweet pioneer who was 24 years older than me.It gives me shivers. They are a mess and i'am glad i'm out!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes....

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

i have spoken with over 1800 since July of 2003... :(

If you know of victims who are willing to talk, they may be valuable fact witnesses in ongoing litigation against WTS.

Kimberlee D. Norris

attorney at law

[email protected]

• undercover
    undercover

Yes....but the perpetrator of the crime was dealt with quite harshly by the congregation including the parents contacting the police and bringing charges against the former brother.

Of course afterwards more stories surfaced of this brother's misconduct. Apparently he had been targeting young brothers for some time. It could be that it was only made public because these parents refused to cooperate with the elders and involved the real authorities blowing the whole thing wide open. I don't know that as fact, I am only surmising this because it seems odd that he got away with it as long as he did after hearing of some of the things that had been happening before he got busted.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes. I served as an elder for many years. I know of 7 I can think of right off in my own congregation who were abused by other JWs. When you add in other congregations, the number is huge.

S4

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes and I have been involved in shepherding of those abused ones and know persoannly the terrible suffering they are undergoing even toiday .I have also been involved on the Judicial side

• Adonis
    Adonis

Not exactly sure, but the woman who molested me showed alot of interest in another boy while she was molesting me. I am getting close to finding him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit