Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

What kind of suit makes you a homo?!?!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I forgot one......

I was at an assembly in Columbia, SC with my husband. Like I said, it was always hot. I'd made myself this beautiful halter dress. (I had on a bra with it.) As I was walking back to my seat from the bathroom, a bro handed me a brochure and said, " Welcome to our assembly. I hope you'll attend one of our Kingdom Halls to learn more about us."

I was flabbergasted. I told him I'd been raised in the truth and was there with my husband. He actually told me I should not be dressed that way. And that I was not representing Jehovah's Organization. I felt naked the rest of the day. Like everyone was staring at me. What a dumbass I was!!!!!

And once when I was about 12, while on vacation in North Carolina, I was given money to buy a souvenir at the Indian Reservation. I bought a T shirt that had a cartoon banana dancing on the front of it. The shirt said,"Let's Boogie." My mom got angry and made me take it back. She said it meant fornicating,.

• Honesty
    Honesty

for sticking too closely to the material in a talk.
    for straying too far from the material in a talk.
    for saying "What a Dork" It means something nasty in German. Never heard of that for not telling the elders what the sisters talked about out in Field Service.

• evita
    evita

I personally was counseled for : not placing enough mags as an aux pioneer
    having lunch at school with an inactive witness (not baptized)
    snapping at my mom out in field service
    being involved in extra-curricular activities at school
    watching Soul Train

After I left I would take my young boys to visit my mom. In addition to not talking about any holidays or birthday parties, they also couldn't discuss much of anything else they were doing... Yoga, Martial Arts, Pokemon,Star WArs, Mage Knights, yugioh, magic tricks, many movies and video games. It was a huge challenge for my mom to get to know my kids.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Wearing fishnet stockings.

Walking in a provacative manner at age 12. (what were they thinking?)

Not sitting still during the meetings...I have ADD.

To much makeup, clothes to tight, skirts to short wearing heels...all frowned upon.

DL76

• love11
    love11

I hear 'ya dragonlady.

That's just sick! If a grown man said that to a 12 year old, anywhere else in the world everyone would look at that man like he was disgusting and a pedophile for even thinking that! It's amazing how a little girl turns into a harlot, from about 11- 14 years old, in their eyes. Shame on them...shame...on...them!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I was 13 years old, sitting in the front row at the meeting with my ankles crossed. After the meeting, the elder who conducted the meeting came over to me and counseled me against wearing fishnet stockings and crossing my ankles.

I got the patterned stocking talk in the 80's. I was so mortified then and now I LMAO

I also got the having too much fun talking after meetings, too animated, to and the backward hat thing.

I got the dressing to trendy thing, funny thing is I wore all thier kids hand me downs from the year prior.

I got privately marked by parents because I was the perfect fall person. We all would go out and get stupid and everyone else had parents or were the elders kids. They got talked to and I would get the official public reproof so that everyone could see the situation was pinned on someone. The reasoning told to me was that I was more mature and the kids all looked to me, that I was infuential...which is funny because I was the backwards nerd that was the last to be invited and was always so scared that I would spoil the fun.

..ooh I got tipsy, got a kiss and peed in the boys bathroom at the Kindom hall because the elders kids and pioneers had the keys.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    She did wear a bra, but had this erection problem. She tried to dress so it wasn't obvious! So, they told her that she should try wearing bandaids across her nipples, so that they would not appear to be sticking up!

Gawd I hated this one since I had this same issue and still do! LOL To make matters worse, by the time I was 12 my measurements were 38" 22" 36" and there was just nothing that I could wear that would cover that up! I was always being hauled into the back regarding my dress. My dad finally told them, "Face it. She could wear a burlap sack and you'd still have issues!" They backed off, but I was kind of marked as a problem just because of my fig. I hated my bod for that reason... Bastards! They took something that should have been something to be proud of and made me feel dirty about it.

Developed an eating problem shortly thereafter and ended up looking like a sack of potatoes. Then they bitched that I was glutenous. Jerks...

In the following years, I was also counseled for: not wearing nylons, not coming to a full stop at a stop sign once in service, leading with the Awake instead of the WT, laughed at an off color joke one time and got growled at. Also took heat for wearing my hair long and straight instead of cut, complimenting a brother on a cool tattoo at the beach (a mermaid and an anchor, he'd been in the Navy before becoming a witness), getting my ears pierced, telling my mom if she slapped me in the mouth one more time I'd hit back, riding motorcycles with my brother (not befitting a young lady), wearing bright lipstick, owning a horse, showing my horses, going to Ren Faire, hunting, calling my ex a moron in front of a brother after he revealed an embarrasing personal issue (although revealing the personal issue seemed to be okay), I could go on for hours.

J

• loosie
    loosie
    suit he was wearing was connected to homosexuals!!!

Es: I don't understand did the suit have a rope that ran from the suit to a homosexual?!?!?! I don't get it. Please help this blonde understand

Jeaninebeanz : I think Betty Boops bod rocks...no worries any more ok!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was counseled as a newly wed MS reg. pio. that my slacks were to "sheer" as you could see the outline of my underwear through them... I was mortified. My wife was also counseled since she had gorgeous legs and wore no hose that ALL good sisters MUST wear hose to meetings and in FS... I told the elderette that dispensed this rubbish to stick it!

Couldn't take my kids to see the Blue Angels.... supporting the military.

Had to continue to go to meetings even when on vacation... as we never take a vacation from da troof! (Actually did it for a decade)

Saw the "white shirt" phenomenon.

Never vote against ANY resolution put before the congregationl..... (found out the hard way)

Never argue with or criticize an "alpha elder".... your ass is grass!

Old single bitches sisters are the elders when the elders aren't around...

PG rating means "pure garbage".... but it's OK to see Schindlers List (R)... it's educational! (especially the Nazi tittie seen)

The deeemunnz are everywhere and can kick J's servants asses...

The Good News that we should NEVER break the speed limit.

Hunting is BAD... when you can just as easily pay someone else to kill butcher your meat.

Expensive vacations are bad... unless you visit the Hall where you're visiting.... (those poor poor Hawaiian brothers)

Education is bad unless it's to support your pioneering... so all you who will never pioneer get NO EDUCATION- there's some logic.

Never turn down the "privelege" of feeding the visiting speaker or the CO (especially if he's on the steak & lobster, cappucino diet)

Tattoos are from da Debil (what if your tatt is the tetragrammaton)

Oral sex is bad... anal is worse... telling a body of elders you did....PRICELESS!

Only spiritually weak people don't use a yellow highlighter to highlight their answers.

Holy hell I could be here for hours....

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit