Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

These are pretty funny! I would love to hear some more from the current posters. Some of them are so laughable and some are just down right ignorant.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When my younger sister was three, she swung her chubby legs towards the seat in front of her. I don't think she was actually hitting the seat in front. A Bethelite was sitting next to us. He took off his belt so that my mom could beat my sister. My mom declined and handed it back to him.

My father took anything I liked away from me for being worldly. I tried so hard to not let on that I liked something. Friends would call me that a Beatle, George Harrison, specifically, was on the Smothers Brothers. TV off. I rarely had possession of my Beatles or Stones albums. He did not know who Dylan was so at least I had Dylan. I worked so hard at a cruddy high school job to buy Beatles memoribilia. It was ripped off my walls.

He never said exactly what was worldly. I had no friends at the KH. No boyfriends. I was so anxious. Heck, I wanted to dance so badly. I was told I was a wanton Watusi. I had to pay someone to teach me.

My cousins lived in Mass. in the suburbs. They had very few restrictions.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Finally Awake-- OMG That is hysterical You really cracked me up with that one

Band on the run--- I feel your pain. I threw out my Beatle records when we kept having talks about rock bands who did drugs. A few years later I decided I didnt care anymore & started my collection back up

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Finally Awake-- OMG That is hysterical You really cracked me up with that one

Band on the run--- I feel your pain. I threw out my Beatle records when we kept having talks about rock bands who did drugs. A few years later I decided I didnt care anymore & started my collection back up

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

My wife used to get home from work on our midweek meeting night at about 6:30, or sometimes 6:45. TMS meeting time was 7:30. I was responsible for the literature counter at the time, which was supposed to open 20 minutes early. We rarely made it by 7:10 and I was asked by an elder to make it to the hall by 7:10 in the future. So my wife and I started driving separate cars to the KH since she couldn't get ready in time to make it by 7:10. Wasn't a big deal since we only lived 5 minutes from the hall. Then this other elder counsels me that we can't drive to the meeting in separate cars. I told him the reason we were taking two cars and tactfully asked him what the basis is for not being allowed to drive separately. He said that people could think that we have marital problems and be stumbled. The a$$h@le said that my wife should change her work schedule or maybe wait to eat dinner until after the meeting.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

my shoes were to NICE ... not humble enough!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

shame on you wearing fancy shoes!

• biometrics
    biometrics

Not all me:

Wearing tee-shirts under shirt at meeting (could barely make out logo).

Wearing sunglasses with a logo.

Wearing a hat with a logo.

Drawing on skin with sunscreen.

Talking to opposite sex.

Joining exercise classes.

Working too many hours.

Not employed.

Partaking in too much recreation.

Asking too many questions.

Not accepting answers from literature.

Looking bored during weekly study (was 9 years old).

Not memorising scriptures.

Not answering up.

Wearing fluro socks (1980s).

Tie too bright.

Wearing a red suit (1980s).

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I was told I should not sit in the front row with my 2-year-old daughter because she would look backwards and make the people in the rows behind us laugh.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Awake counseled against watching ET because his finger was a phallic symbol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit