Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

i remembered another one-- I was told it was not appropriate to bring treats for every bookstudy at an older woman's house---cookies should only be enjoyed at the bookstudy once in a great while

once an elderly annointed brother told our whole congregation that any fictitional animal characters such as Mickey Mouse is bad because animals can't talk and also cuz Satan made a snake talk-- therefore Disney movies were inappropriate

• fiddler
    fiddler

Mostly I think I ignorred the idiots who made comments on all manner of personal stuff not their business but I do remember a few:

Moved from desert SW to Pacific NW in the 1970's and was told my dresses were too short......lowered the hems

Moved back to Arizona in the 1980's and was told my dresses were too long......laughed it off and wore what I wanted.

In Arizona the congos I went to also didn't insist on nylons in the summer although maybe that has changed. I NEVER wore nylons in summer. I had a good tan. The brothers were supposed to wear their suit jackets in service but most didn't if they were working past 10:30 AM.......too damn hot. AND the first thing that always got ripped off the minute my husband got in the car after meeting was the neck strangler.

Speaking of my husband, one time at a dinner an elder made the comment that brothers with ANY facial hair usually were weak from his observation. My husband was sitting there with his neat little mustache that he'd had for years (brother worked with him and had never noticed it!) so I pointed it out and in a way that effectively shut down that conversation. My husband kept his mustache.

An elders wife told me that getting a second piercing in my earlobe was a homosexual thing. At the time my understanding was gay guys wore only one earring and I forget which ear it was in but whatever, I got my second piercing anyway.

Sheesh, no wonder I'm no longer a JW but honestly.......I thought I was a good little witness back in the day. I do have to say that I must have attended more 'liberal' congos most of the time because most of the ones I was in we'd have a good laugh about those elderettes and and co's that presummed to make none of their business comments for everyone. Also, the young sisters were usually like a fashion parade at assemblies and memorials. The young guys had it harder to be fashionable I think.

One last thing...........what's with the white shirt thing? Isn't that a Mormon thing?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I really crack up at the stooooopid stuff the Jdumbs counsel against. I need some more laughs-- anyone have any new ones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit