Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie
    Oral sex is bad... anal is worse... telling a body of elders you did....PRICELESS!

Ok Now you made me fall out of my chair laughing

• loosie
    loosie

Don't forget you can't be alone in a pick up truck with a brother...becuase the 1st chance you get you'll hump him.

Dang taking separate cars is stupid

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was counseled because I wore (faux) suede shoes to the meetings and in service. They weren't blue suede, and I wasn't trying to be Elvis. They were a shade of brown.

I was couseled for wearing a jacket that was deemed inappropriate for field service. It wasn't the trench-coat style everyone else wore, instead it was kind of styled like a Members Only jacket.

I was counseled for reading a Bible verse at a door on a Saturday morning. The elder pulled me aside and said that reading the Bible during presentations was reserved for Sundays.

One brother told me he was counseled because he drove a convertable in field service.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I was cracking up at this post I started in 2005 Hope you all enjoy looking at these old posts Feel free to add new ones JWs are such a trip

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I got counseled for having a soul patch even though two of our elders did. When I pointed that out, I was told it was OK because they are black and not OK for me because I am white.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I got counseled when I was about 7 or 8 for wearing a tie that had footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, and basketballs on it.

I was about 13 and had crappy little facial hair (like any teenager) and the one brother made sure I cut it all off. I don't know how many times he commented on it.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Mother at age of 65 bought a two door car

Mother in her 50's Kick my teen brother out for smoking marijuana (unbeliver father hit the roof)

Husband for growing a mustache

Me while engaged a CO try to counsel about marrying a weak brother I ignored his advise (married him and still together after 46 years)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I was counselled for not keeping my knees together or crossing them at the kingdumb hell.

Oh and laughing too loudly if the rare humorous thing was said.

HB

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

No playing paintball. Shouldn't eat Lucky Charms. Shouldn't watch the movie Matrix Reloaded. Actually, now that I think about it, that last one was probably good advice.

No Beatles. From a CO "You aren't going to give a public talk with your hair that long are you?" Wasn't even really that long. That CO should see me now!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was advised to stop feeding my children before meetings to eliminate the possibility that one of them might vomit and cause the family to miss the meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit