Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I got privately marked by parents because I was the perfect fall person. We all would go out and get stupid and everyone else had parents or were the elders kids. They got talked to and I would get the official public reproof so that everyone could see the situation was pinned on someone. The reasoning told to me was that I was more mature and the kids all looked to me, that I was infuential...

PLEASE STOP READING MY MIND!!! That is SO me. I get blamed for everything- even though most of it is my fault....

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

For those of you questioning the "can;t learn klingon thing" I present:

g95 12/8 pp. 7-8 A Look at Today?s Science Fiction ***

On the other hand, Christians who choose to enjoy various forms of fiction as an occasional diversion do well to remember Solomon?s warning: "To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12) Many in today?s world have clearly gone overboard in their devotion to science-fiction books and movies. Science-fiction clubs and conventions have proliferated. According to Time magazine, Star Trek fans on five continents have devoted themselves to learning the fictitious language Klingon, which was featured in Star Trek TV shows and movies. Such extreme behavior does not harmonize with the Bible?s counsel at 1 Peter 1:13: "Keep your senses completely ["keep balanced," footnote]."

Even at its best, science fiction cannot satisfy man?s curiosity about what the future holds. Those who really want to know the future must turn to a source that is certain. We will discuss this in our next article.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

i alomost forgot. Martial Arts of any description, even tai chi, are considred evil because they can be used for violence. the jw's seem to be against anything that can keep a person sane

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I caught heat for:

Getting the crap kicked out of me by my stepfather. Obviously, it was my fault; if I were a better child, he wouldn't have needed to break my nose.

Leaving home at 15, to escape the violence and molestation. Even though I continued to go to meetings and in service, the elders were still po'd.

Dating an unbaptised fella.

Dating a baptised brother, in good standing, when we were both 18+. The elders never would specify what was wrong with our relationship, which is wierd, because we had a chaperone and we were engaged.

When a guy I was talking to out in service told me I had beautiful hair, the pio sis I was with told me I'd need to start wearing it in a bun, as it was "inciting the men sexually". Jealous, straggly-haired busybody.

Wearing too much black clothing.

I know there's more, as I got counselled all the durned time, but that's all I care to recall at the moment.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oooh, I just remembered a good one! I brought a coworker to a Sunday meeting (had my big brother pick him up) because I'd told him I didn't date outside my faith, and if he wanted to be with me, he'd have to get with Jehovah first.

The guy (a big, tattooed, pierced, Doc Marten wearing mofo from overseas) got bored or disgusted during the public talk, and spent the rest of the meeting smoking in the men's room, and made the brothers scared.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Could you please post photos demonstrating, in excruciating detail, exactly what you you were conselled about; ie pictures of you in high heels, fish-net stockings, short skirts, and halters. Be sure that your great body, large rack, and erect nipples are obviously apparent in the photos.

In harmony with the wishes of the committee, the other sisters and I have compiled a packet containing the requested documentation. Where shall we send it?

J

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not wearing a white t-shirt when performing baptisms......wore a led zeppellin one.. j/k.....wore a plain flesh coloured one..

my study got counselled for not having his shoe laces done up when giving a talk

• Confession
    Confession

We had an 82-year old P.O. who discouraged get-togethers among friends outside of meetings and service. I was a brand new, 29 year old elder at the time, and there were other elders in their 40s and 50s who would challenge him on it, saying we NEEDED to spend time together. He would say things like...

These folks get into TROUBLE at these get-togethers. Why, one time they were havin' Watchtower studies at each others' houses--and IMMORALITY BROKE OUT!!!

One of the elders who'd been around for awhile said...

Bob, that was ONE time in 1962...

I piped in, saying...

Yeah, I wasn't even born back then.

It didn't seem to faze him. He was usually a fun fellow outside of the meetings, but very RARELY came to any social gatherings. I always remember how he couseled two young sisters when we were both in a meeting with them. He was trying to emphasize the need to keep our mouths shut about sharing sensitive matters with other friends. He asked one of them...

"How many people have you told?"

"One."

Turning to the other, he asked, "How many people have YOU told?"

"One," she also replied.

Then he very seriously held up the index fingers of both hands so they were pointing up and together. He said, "You told one person, and you told one person. Now you know how many people know about it?"

They shook their heads...

With fingers still in the air, forming two numeral ones, he replied, "ELEVEN!!"

One time, when questioning a couple of young ones about whether they'd been involved in immorality while alone together in an apartment for a long time, he asked them...

"What are we supposed to think you two were doin' in there? Whittlin' little men outta wood?!"
  • MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

My ex-husband was actually counseled for the nice silk ties he wore because................................ they had very classy pictures of Snoopy on them

wtf?

~Merry

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i got threatened with being removed as an elder because i didnt wear a suit on the platform...it was deliberate...i love suits...but there were youngsters in the hall who couldnt afford suits so they were not joining the ministry school even though they wanted to..so i showed them it wasnt nessercary..idiots

wore a polo neck in fs during winter

couldnt watch tom + jerry

lost all my priveleges for going to see pink floyd

and board games...risk..war

monopoly...greed

cluedo...murder

twister....immoral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit