Compiling List-Trivial Items People Are Counseled Against

by love2Bworldly 92 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Some of these things are seriously retarded! The poor woman with the nipple "problem"! Maybe the brothers should have been counseled on keeping their eyes off of her breasts. Sheesh.

I've been counseled by a pioneer sis not to wear a jean skirt to book study, but that's about the only thing I can think of at the moment. Maybe I just blanked it all out. LOL

I did have the pleasure of teasing Elder Perfect, who I worked for, about Stevie Nicks being a white witch...he was seriously bummed and wouldn't believe it because he lurved her. His face got all red and he was a very unhappy with me for a long time. I could have cared less if she called herself a witch and wasn't "stumbled" by his fandom, but I think he thought I was.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

for not shaving.
    for buzz cutting my hair too short.
    for sharing a drink with a worldly person.
    for painting "nudes".
    for sticking too closely to the material in a talk.
    for straying too far from the material in a talk.
    for wearing too much black.

• vitty
    vitty

Talisin

I also know of a sister who got counciled after her talk, cos her nipples where sticking out!!!!!!!!!

They needed to fix the damm heating that would help

That family have now left the truth, that last comment was the one that finally drove them out, She became a laughting stock of the whole circuit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

These comments are hilarious! But, seriously, the one about the sister with the erect nipples (her brights were on, ha. ha.) could have been remedied by her wearing a padded bra. Ladies, you know, the ones I mean that are designed to be worn under sweaters.

But really they are one obsessed bunch of meddling, insulting, presumptuous control freaks!

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I was told my hair was too short (it was just below my ears). The elder told me this was a wordly sign of lesbianism.

I was also counseled for eating lunch at a District Assembly with a mixed group of boys and girls as a teenager. We were told we should be eating with our families instead of socializing. It ended up getting blown out of proportion and twisted when it got back to the elders at our hall. They seemed to think it was just me and 6 or 7 boys!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The backwards hat thing

cuss words on the internet.

reflecting a "spirit of the world"

speaking your mind.

not too bright ties

no hunting

no fishing

no shooting of guns (and when I asked about arxhery- they said not that either)

i got more for later...

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

My best friend was told that she needed to get a breast reduction by a group of sisters in her hall. Can we say- JEALOUS?!!!

Right after my hubby and I got married we were approached by a group of elders. They wanted to discuss with us our method of birth control. My hubby told them it was none of their business and we left. I STILL can't belive that happened----it doesn't seem real.

Curlygirl

• Quotes
    Quotes

I received a "sheparding visit" in 1989 3 months after I was married. The elder told us that holding hands, or holding my arm around my wife during the song, was stumbling others. (In retrospect, this helpful visit was the first of many things which eventually caused my departure).

About a year later, I went to a meeting with about 1 weeks growth beard (I had missed the previous weeks meeting due to studying for final exams -- married and in University -- whew!). An MS in the hall had a full, neat beard (although I now think he received "papal dispensation" because of a bad skin problem). I was naive, and just grew my beard in, not knowing I had done anything wrong. Well, it was my turn to handle the roving microphones (FUN? WOW!) and as I started preparing mine, the same elder (who lovingly stumbled me the previous year) stopped me and quietly said I couldn't because of my beard. I was confused, upset, but mostly relieved.

The thing that bugs me is: if you show this thread of honest, personal experiences to a JW, they will dismiss it as "100% APOSTATE LIES", even though they have experienced some of this same "counsel".

~Quotes, of the "Am I allowed to mention this moronic elder's name was Bro. David Evanson?" class

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Using "Blood Bait" when fishing.

(I guess Fish are not supposed to eat blood eather)

Elsewhere - of the Still Wanting to Watch A Fish Properly Bleed its Food Class.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Got counselled once for wearing a Vancouver Canucks hockey T-shirt. The elder in question said that it was a sign of nationalism and hero worship (Ironically, "canuck" is actually an old anti-Canadian ethic slur).

My sister got a similar lecture for wearing a High School Jacket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit