Insomniac

(((((Tatiana)))))

I hope you find Linda.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thanks, insomniac.....

• under74
    under74

Thought I'd bump this to the top because it's a good thread to keep going...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I'd like to add a couple of friends that I miss so much, and I think of them often, because they were the closest and most active in trying to help me in my last months inside the WTS. We had some good times and I wish I could still be friends with Debbie and Joe Monda, and Sherry and Mark Kozikowski. If anyone on here knows them, I wish you'd let them know I love them and think of them every day.

Terri

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

five in for twenty years or so, now we are all finished with that cult. no family members lost!

Dismembered

• Mystery
    Mystery

I was born and raised a JW. 3rd generation.

Pretty much lost all my mom's side of the family. Due to me not being officially DA'ed or DF'ed my mom and sis still communicate with me. I see them about once every year or two.

My dad's side of the family were going to be killed by Jehovah; so we didn't associate with them much. So i missed out on that side of the family due to bad association.

Phone calls and visits are getting further and further in between; I can't listen to the hypocrisy and the "we are having so much fun pioneering" and the interruptions every time I tell them what is going on in our lives. My mom and 3 nieces are all pioneering.

Actually I lost them all a long time ago. My water meter reader knows me better than my "family".

• under74
    under74

I just thought of this thread after reading some posts from some newcomers.

Thought I'd bump this on top because it's a good thread others should see.

• Angharad
    Angharad

My sister hasn't spoken to me for about four years even though I am neither Da'd or Df'd - but had the bare faced check to introduce herself to my kids when I wasn't around a couple of weeks ago. Introduced herself as "your mums big sister" Next question from children who didnt know her " Why have you got a big sister and never see her? "

I can't help missing her though, even though it pissed me off royally

• under74
    under74

Sorry Angharad.

It's funny isn't it, that when you're neither Df'd or DA'd they find it fit to treat you as both.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Bless your heart Ian, for starting this thread. I cannot believe I never saw this before now!

My parents and only sister disowned me when I became a JW in 1972. When I left the WTS in 1999, I wrote them (and others) long sincere letters, apologizing for how stupid I had been, and asking forgiveness. To this day, no replies. Mom died 2 1/2 years ago.

My oldest son was DFed in the late 70's and I began to shun him because of the 1981 WT mag directing us to do so. It was the same year my first grandson was born---I only got to hold him a few times before that horrible shunning began. I was not allowed to see the baby. They went on to build their own home, and have two more children. The "kids" are now 24, 19 and 14. I wouldn't know them if I saw them. They live 10 minutes away.

I belonged to three KHs in three different states, and have made many friends over my 30 years. Needless to say, I am viewed as a threat by the WTS and the "friendships and love" have dissolved.

My oldest daughter (the only one left in the WTS) married and elder in 2000 (who we've never seen) and never bothered to notify us. Hubby is not a JW, but he didn't deserve to be told about it either. She "decided" to come up from FL three months AFTER my first stroke (2003), although she has flown to France and gone on cruises, etc, so money is no problem. She informed my second son that what day she'd be arriving, and all that. When she called here to let us know she was in town......(big flip)......hubby and I agreed that she wasn't welcome here, and told her why.

She has pulled some horrendous things on us behind our backs, (three real biggies that I wish I could talk about) going on for YEARS before I left the WTS. She is a definetly a very toxic entity, not someone that I want to even be around. I can't stand phonies. All nicey-nicey to your face but sucking you dry (emotionally and so many other ways) behind the scenes. I can only imagine what she cooked up for an excuse for not seeing us when she went back home. She now knows that we are aware of all (maybe not all?) her nasty secrets and lies. She had to have known that these would come out eventually.

YUP! By their fruits you shall know them!

I used to feel strange just after I left the WTS, because the only friends I HAD were on this computer! I had so many kind things done for me---by virtual strangers!!! I'll take these kindnesses and warm friendships where ever I can find them! I have made many of those here.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit