THE ESTRANGED FAMILIES LIST

by Dansk 117 Replies latest members private

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

So many sad stories. Sorry to hear your pain.

I have lost a little brother he is an Elder in Austin, Texas. My mother, sister, son and I were in Austin about a month and a half ago. We dedided that it would be kind to call my brother to see if he could have lunch with us. He showed up at our hotel and told us he didn't want to have anything to do with us. Pretty much said that we were dead to him now. My three year old son was very confused and after my brother left kept asking why his uncle hated him. Out of the mouths of babes.

However, the good news is that we are slowly getting reaquainted with family that was disfellowshipped years ago. So, I have gained two Aunts. It is nice to finally speak to them without guilt.

Loruhamah

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Loruhamah,

That's sad that your brother could cut you off and consider you as 'dead'. We never know if we'll even be alive an hour from now, then it's too late to make amends or make peace with someone. For people to 'accelerate' someone's 'death' when we don't have that much time here anyway is short-sighted and cruel.

Sad, but, all too common. I am glad you've gained some of your family back from the JW's.

Rabbit

• smiddy
    smiddy

because of a current thread I`ll post on this one as well ,seeing it was well received back in its day, and for the newbies.

In my family and relatives their were about 8 of us who became jehovahs witnesses ,all of us except a neice of mine have left the religion .

My neice who is still an active witness ,married ,in her forties with 3 children , has cut off contact with her two sisters , her mother ,her grandmother who was not a witness in her 90`s , her aunts and uncles ,and cousins , because they are not jehovahs witnesses .

My daughter in-law left the religion , she is now cut off from her mother ,father and siblings because she no longer wants to be a jehovahs witness .

The jehovahs witness religion tries to blame the person who leaves as the one at fault .this is spin .Its the witness who cuts them off.

Just for the record, none of us who left the religion were ever disfellowshipped.

smiddy

• clarity
    clarity

Smiddy ..... omg if this thread doesn't make us cry...

nothing would!

>

How can this nonsense go on?????

>

How many thousands would make-up this long line

of the wounded ..... and conversely how long the line

of those compelled to do the shunning?

>

If we counted just on this thread of 6 pages ... for every

one person, looks like generally about another 6 - 30

people become involved in this hideous excercise.

>

Lets say 10 exjw's per page times 6pgs = 60 exjws

an average of 15 jws per 60 exjws = 900 people

who are impacted severely by wt shunning rules.

>

So approximately for every 60 exjw, a total of 900 suffer!

<

Do you know how many were said to leave the wt every year?

>

Multiply that and you have a sickening number ...

Something has got to happen to change this evil!

clarity (plse correct if #'s do not add up)

• bigmac
    bigmac

heres my addition to this must-read thread for any lurkers.

ive been shunned by my kids since the mid 80's. all were born in.

my daughter--now 42--spoken twice for a few mins about important family business in the last 6 years. she has 4 daughters---ive never met them--they live 8 miles away.

my younger son---now 35--no contact--i heard he married and had 1 kid. no idea where they are.

older son--37--now D/F--we have re-established a relationship----he remarried 3 weeks ago----i was at his wedding--a first for me in my family.

his JW mother shuns him--so she missed a lovely day. you can just imagine what the brides family must think of that !!

WATCHTOWER LITERATURE NEEDS A FAMILY HEATH WARNING ON THE COVER

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If this thread doesn't convince people the Watchtower Society is evil nothing will.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Our currant situation is:

Me and my wife, 3 daughters, 1 step dad who is on the fence about leaving the cult, and my step sister all get on fine.

My mother shuns us because we are "wordly", (we are faders) and she also stops my step sister from visiting us. All family communication is through dad.

When I was in, I shunned my gran because she wouldnt stop smoking, I know, what a dick head eh? Now she is starting to develop a bit of contact and trust with us.

My step brother doesnt talk to his dad anymore. Thats been like that since my dad stopped meeting attendance about 8 months ago. They used to do everything together and were more like mates. My dad doesnt see his grandson at all now. Hes only 2 years old.

I might start a counter shun program on my mother, and tell her via text that I no longer wish to speak, listen to or have anything to do with her, because she is in a dangerous cult that I do not wish my family exposed to. Or I might just wait for her to come to her senses......

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit