THE ESTRANGED FAMILIES LIST

by Dansk 117 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

It is now a little over two years since my wife, two sons and I exited the Watchtower after discovering all its lies and cover-ups. Unfortunately, as many of you know, I still have two daughters in the organisation and they have completely cut the family off. This forum has been a godsend in that it helped my family and I know we weren't alone. We have been so encouraged by all the upbuilding comments and to realise that there are people here with real empathy and not just sympathy. As many newcomers continue to come here I thought it might help if a list of estranged families was formed - where we could thereby be encouraged to open up more by realising that the number of estranged families is actually large. The information may also help those here who have media contacts or are just doing research to help expose how the organisation literally does break up families.

Of course, I'm not asking that anyone reveal their true identity, just to add their own details of who is estranged. I hope this thread helps to heal, if only a little, the pain that is caused through losing a loved one in the false name of 'Christianity'.

To reiterate and start the thread off: I have lost two daughters, aged 25 & 21, to Watchtower. They have refused any contact what-so-ever with the rest of the family for the past two years.

Love to all,

Ian

• under74
    under74

Good idea Ian and thanks.

I have my grandfather and several cousins I was brought up with still in and have lost contact with all of them because they have refused to speak to me, my siblings and my mom after we left.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wow, this is going to be a sad thread.

I was raised a JW, and before I left I was in constant daily contact (both ways) with my mother, father and grandmother. Once I left, it has been reduced to monthly contact (at the most), always I'm the one to contact them. Discussions are always short. The also have reduced contact with my wife and 2 children.

Kwin

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It works the other way around for me at the present time Ian.

I am limiting my contact with my parents. Dad wants to die faithful to Watchtower Gog and I don't see any reason to take that away from him in his remaining years. He has been a faithful false prophet since 1939.

Unfortunately he is very outspoken and comes from the old school that were taught to be 'soldiers for Christ' and to stand up and fight for truth rather than run away from opposition as advised in the Sept 1 2004 WT.

I am my father's son.

When I hear him polishing the outside of the WT cup the incentive to put him in his place is overwhelming.

His stupidity in following these prophesies has caused more damage to his family that he realises and I feel I have been very kind to him by not pointing out the reality of the 'fruits' of his efforts. This has taken some self control.

What the future holds for our relationship I do not know. I have only changed from 'drifted unbaptised' to opposer since a couple of months before I started posting here and I have made my new position clear to them.

I'm picking that there are many posters here that wish their relationship with their families was this good.

I count myself lucky.

Chris

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I have lost my two younger sisters, haven't seen or heard from them for 7 years. I think they would be 25 and 27 now. They were still at school when I left the first time, and so apart from a brief interlude where I tried to get reinstated and saw them on a monthly basis I don't know them as adults. I still think of them as children

I have lost my mum and my dad. I have not had any contact with my mum except a thank you for some flowers I sent my to my grandmothers funeral 3 years ago. She returned the card that was attached to the flowers bizarrely along with every single letter and ornament I had sent to my grandma since I was a little girl.

I have lost my grandma and grandad who I haven't seen since I was 16, but as their eldest grandchild was very very close to. They have both died between disfellowshippings.

I have lost my uncle and aunt and their three children who I never met because I was disfellowshipped before I could meet them.

And I have lost my other aunt, uncle and three cousins who I grew up who would all be adults now. That accounts for all of my family, all of them are witnesses.

And I have lost all the "friends" I ever knew between 0 and 16 apart from one school friend and 2 childhood friends I found on this board.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

A sister, a brother in-law, 3 nephews aged 23 down to 17, an ex-husband and various dear friends..............

• Honesty
    Honesty

9 year old son, 13 year old step-daughter, ex-wife, brother-in-law and his wife, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and many dear friends. Thank God my best friend in the truth, my exwife's dad died before he found out the truth about truth when I left the evil cult. He was imprisoned by the Nazis during WWII and by the communists afterwards and would have had a lot to say about the WTS supporting the Third Reich.

• bem
    bem

An Aunt & Uncle, and two of there four children my cousins are no longer associating with me, they in turn (the Aunt & Uncle) are not associating with there oldest daughter & only son, Since the kids refused to continue to believe in the wts. My ex-husband, that in part became an ex. due to the wts beliefs and rules and regulations. seperated him from me and our children.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Every relative, including all my many children, over three generations.

Many , including children, I don't know where they live nor if they're married, have children etc.

"The WTS doesn't split up families?" That's so much............well, you know!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My older, only sister who was almost like a mother to me. She's so angry with me for leaving that she didn't call me when she thought her husband was dying. I am cut off from him and her sons, too. Then there is my younger brother and his wife. My younger brother has hepatitis C and could be dying for all I know. He was pretty ill the last I heard about him, close to needing a liver transplant.

My sister is so angry with me that she and her sons have told my worldly father not to speak of my children or me. They have threatened to shun my dad if he speaks of us. It's the most ridiculous and hurtful thing they could do to threaten my 75 year old dad with shunning. By the way, my kids that are being shunned, they haven't been to the hall since they were 7 and 12.

I have not been dfd or dAed. My sister took it upon herself to shun us and pressed the rest of the family to shun us, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit