An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

extension of support to weak ones=we'll check up on yopu to see if your ready to obey the WTBTS,if not ,no one will talk to you!

• lilbit
    lilbit

Id like to see them find me. And if my family tells them Ill kill em :)

• jula71
    jula71

If the WTBTS is so concerned with numbers and $$$, taking this clean-up approach will hurt them in a big way.

DY

I disagree, it's a business. The bottom line is money. They can play with numbers all day, that?s why someone can report 10 min. a month and still be counted. But the money, pretty much the only ones hurt by this drive by DF?ing would be faders. I?m willing to bet faders are not flushing money down the toilet and giving up funds. The WTBTS?s money won?t be hurt.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Again if this is true and comes about I agree with Scully as she quoted:

"This is a tactic that demonstrates how terrified the WTS is of us. We know too much, and this is the only "legal" way they can "execute" us in a social and spiritual sense."

They don't want faded ones with firsthand knowledge of Watchtower bloopers that are still able to communicate with the R&F.

I also agree with Jula71 as she quoted:

"pretty much the only ones hurt by this drive by DF?ing would be faders. I?m willing to bet faders are not flushing money down the toilet and giving up funds. The WTBTS?s money won?t be hurt."

What fader who has disagreements or even problems with the org., is going to shell out money to give to the donation fund? Not too many are going to be big contributors who are on the fringe or inactive, so money is not a concern or an issue for the GB in this case. Its called cutting your losses, and unfortunately we would be the ones cut. Either way I still say let them do it if it is to be so, as Im not the least bit afraid of thier actions toword me. The only thing I will be sadened by is it will greatly limit my aim and ability to help any who suffer under the watchtowers yoke.

Ticker

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

interesting point by garybuss...the problem is not all elders are power hungry judgemental disciplinarians....but even those that arent will have to apply the rules....the really sad thing here is that when the gb were preparing the new book as they must have been doing for a couple of years now it cant have escaped their notice that the disfellowshipping policy is subject to abuse by untrained elders..as an elder i went to several elders schools..twice yearly (then yearly) circuit elders meetings..twice yearly co's visits and quarterly (at least) congregation elders meetings...i cannot ever remember seeing demonstrated a judicial commitee....this may surprise any jws viewing this board but will certainly be verified by plenty ex-elders now they come to think of it...we have demonstrated every other kind of theocratic activity...shepherding-meeting parts-fs arrangements- door to door-informal witnessing and we got practical help on our to deal with evey kind of scenario..but the one thing that has the biggest effect on a person is a jc and we were never shown how to handle one....

the cong accepts the decisions of jc because they presume that elders are trained and therfore qualified to handle them..but they arent...which is why i would recommend that any jw that makes a mistake would be better off suffering a guilty conscience for however long it takes rather than suffer at the hand of inept elders who will only prolong the agony if not do even more serious damage.

the gb could have addressed this situation..its not as if they dont know that it is going on...plenty of people have told them...they could have arranged for elders to get specific training..they could emphasize their accountability both legally and scripturally..they could even have set up a judicial arrangement similar to the hosp liaison commitee where not all elders would be deemed qualified to serve on j.c s...but no instead they choose only to change the wording of the announcement thus covering themselves legally...

this to me is an indication that holy spirit is not operational on them....and this is further disillusionment for me...so i through with them...if j. wants me back he knows what he needs to do..tijkmo

• bennyk
    bennyk

The congs are filled with the weak and inactive. The GB fears that the level of apathy is reaching critical mass. JW culture is changing. It is now becoming socially acceptable in JW-land to ignore the shrill and insistent cries for conformity and reverence. The WTS may be willing to do a bit of "pruning" to prevent the fringe elements within the congs and the faders from contaminating the zeal of the hard-core nutcases. This has happened twice before: following the debacle of the failed prophecies re: 1925 and 1975 the Org lost percentages for a few years followed by significant growth. They may be looking at the long-term potential for increase.

I find it somewhat amusing to consider what this would all entail in my case. Three elders, who by their own admission are NOT in the New Covenant, using an unscriptural method (cf. Matt. 18:15-17 w/ secret star-chamber lynching), will indict me unscripturally (1914, anyone?) and cast one of Christ's brothers (an alleged member of the supposed F&DS) into the Second Death(!) Ow! I'm developing quite the migraine!!! ROTFLM(bottom)O!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well finally benny we get to hear from you...welcome....are you saying then that you are of the annointed and did you go to mem and take emblems...just curious

• bennyk
    bennyk

I'm attempting a "fade", so did not attend at the local KH, but elsewhere. I gave a rousing 28-minute discourse to a bunch of (apparently, according to this thread) soon-to-be ousted Apostates (true believers, all); whereupon fully one-third of baptized partook of the bread and wine. Among the other 2/3 were those who do not consider their post-1985 JW-baptism as valid, something we shall remedy when the weather warms...

Thanks for welcoming me.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The GB fears that the level of apathy is reaching critical mass. JW culture is changing. It is now becoming socially acceptable in JW-land to ignore the shrill and insistent cries for conformity and reverence. The WTS may be willing to do a bit of "pruning" to prevent the fringe elements within the congs and the faders from contaminating the zeal of the hard-core nutcases. This has happened twice before: following the debacle of the failed prophecies re: 1925 and 1975 the Org lost percentages for a few years followed by significant growth. They may be looking at the long-term potential for increase.

And that's one of the reasons I am talking with youth groups in various religious denominations and community organisations about the dangers of cults to young people and how they can effectively witness to young JW's about the true prophet, Jesus.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Well, if that's true, then my mom is screwed. I'm DF'd and she still talks to me every chance she gets, as if I wasn't disfellowshipped. On the other hand, I don't think the elders in her congo will find out. She may be strung to a cult, but at least she doesn't go telling everyone her business.

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit