A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez
    The WTS contrasts with the general practices of Christendom in many ways:
    • It is not nationalistic/patriotic.
    • It understands the true nature of God (that he's not a trinity).
    • It rejects the notion of an "immortal soul."
    • It doesn't follow the world's practices (Christmas; Easter; Valentine's Day; Halloween; etc)
    • It recognizes that God's original purpose for the earth hasn't changed (Paradise earth).
    • It doesn't allow people who engage in filthy or immoral practices to be part of the Congregation unless they're willing to stop such practices.
    • It requires its members to share their faith with people of the world.
    • It requires its members to participate during meetings, rather than just sit in silence.

I have read your comments here for months, you won't SEE what is right in front of your face. These 8 points above, well all I am going to say is that GOD IS LOVE and LOVE would be the identifying mark of the true religion. Any religion that allows speakers to stand on a public platform and state comments such as the one that started this thread, is as good as saying it themselves. The doctrines mean nothing if they are not based on a foundation of love. The doctrines of JWs are based on hate, destruction and fear.

*Point 1-but the WBTS will use all legal (worldly) avenues to protect and further their cause. They take advantage and use all the freedoms that were fought for, to the point of blatent abuse. They show no respect for the blood shed, but they don't mind one little bit benefiting from it.

*Point 2-the true nature of God is love, nothing else matters.

*Point 3-we are immortal, it is all JW's WANT in life, is to be immortal, they are obsessed with immortality....who cares if it is a soul or a body that is immortal? You are taking the peel off an orange.

*Point 4-Big deal. Ancient practices, modern culture, modern practices, all meshing together to form new practices. Did they have baby showers in bible times? KH weddings? Anniversary celebrations? Graduation parties? So why do JW allow it now? Because it is culturally acceptable.

*Point 5-The WTBS doesn't know God's purpose anymore than those imperfect, self-inflated bible writers did.

*Point 6-Yes it does. Pedophiles, wife beaters, are 2 examples.

*Point 7-Your sharing your faith with others is not motivated by love, it is motivated by self-preservation. If you don't do it, you are blood guilty. or you are not being obedient to God. Share your faith lol...there are better ways to do that than doorknocking....check out some of your local churches and see what they are doing.

*Point 8-participate! Try saying something different than what is written down in the WT or the KM! Try asking a question during the meeting! Church people participate. The church I attend, people stand up and say prayers, ask for a prayer, give thanks, sing LOUDLY and with passion, do skits, etc....

You are classic JW. You don't go out and experience churches for yourself. You only know what 'they' have told you. Pssst...they are not telling you the whole story.

Jez

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    To "hang" with another person or group of persons suggests that they approve of one another and consider one another as friends.

Good point, Schizm! I applaud your ability to cut straight to the heart of an issue.

I take it you have taken that understanding and applied it fully to the terms "Associate" as in the verb, both transitive and intransitive, and as in the adjective. I encourage you to also apply that understanding to the noun and verb forms of "Affiliate" and "Affiliated." Follow that by applying it to the term "Partner" in its various denotations and connotations.

Once you have done that, think carefully about what it means to be an Associate/Affiliate/Partner of the UN/DPI. Then consider the first and primary criterion for association with the UN/DPI (since 1968):

"The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN and have a clear mission statement that is consistent with those principles." (http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/brochure.htm)

Add to this, Article 1 of the Charter of the UN:

The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
    (http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/chapter1.htm)

Now, teach me on this point if I am wrong: If I joined the UN/DPI wouldn't I be voluntarily joining myself to an organization that has purposes contrary to God's will and that is under judgment by God? What does your OM book call such a relationship on page 151? How about the OD book, did the stand change at all? Examine carefully the scriptures used by both publications to prove the point (Isaiah 2:4; Revelation 19:17-21) ... it looks to me like maybe "hanging" with the UN/DPI is worthy of an announcement ... don't you think?

OldSoul

• Jez
    Jez

Ooooooooooooooo Jeannie, sometimes I question why I keep reading things on this site, because I forget things like that comment from my mother to my sister, and then someone else's post triggers a memory and I start to shake with anger.

My sister was in her early 20s.

Jez

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I didn't say 'hang with', I said 'hang about'. Big difference....--jeanniebeanz.

Man, you can't even quote yourself correctly. Here's what you REALLY said:

This no doubt includes you for hanging about with us vile apostates.

You're plumed silly, not to mention how untruthful you are.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    The WTS contrasts with the general practices of Christendom in many ways

So. What's your point? Just because they are different doesn't make them God's spirit appointed organization (assuming he even designated one).

• Schizm
    Schizm

OldSoul,

You're completely full of BS, you know that? The WTS's "association" with the UN was done for strategic reasons alone. The WTS didn't "hang with" the UN organization. It was nothing more than "theocratic warfare," waged for a purpose that I won't disclose to you. Your claim that the WTS has compromised it neutral policy is a bunch of hooey!

• undercover
    undercover

<------------sits back with a box of popcorn and gets ready for the show.....

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The WTS contrasts with the general practices of Christendom in many ways

So. What's your point? Just because they are different doesn't make them God's spirit appointed organization (assuming he even designated one).--adelmaal.

What's my point? Didn't you read what I'd been asked? I'd suggest you do before you ask "What's your point?".

Just because they are different doesn't make them....

What it does do is put them "miles ahead of Christendom when it comes to basic knowledge of the Bible." That was my "point," which you've so conveniently side-stepped.

• Jez
    Jez
    The WTS's "association" with the UN was done for strategic reasons alone.

That is ridiculous. This 'Armageddon' is not the WTS's war to strategise. According to your beliefs, it is God's war therefore, yet again, the WTS is putting itself in a place it ought not. You sound like you are talking about a business strategising and perhaps overtaking another business....wait...right, what you are saying is, it was a part of some grand business plan! Ridiculous. You make comments like that and then you critize other ppl for speculating.

Jez

• Makena1
    Makena1

Schizm wrote: The fact is that Armageddon is a necessary thing. It's necessary for God to cleanse the earth of all who don't know righteousness in order to make way for Christ's 1000-year rule.

Amazing that I bought and taught this for over 40 years. I guess, when you think you have the secrets of the universe and the superiority complex that comes with have Jehovah's blessing - you can get away with all kinds of smug/hurtful speech.

and cont" Even as Noah and his small family wouldn't have been able to take care of the children that belonged to all those parents who died in the Flood, neither will those who are counted worthy of surviving Armageddon be able to care for the children that belongs to parents who die at Armageddon. The truth of the matter is that NEITHER the Flood nor Armageddon represents everlasting destruction.

The last sentence in that paragraph was very comforting to me - because if the rest of fairy tale comes to pass, I will be among those shaking my fist at the heavens, as so poignantly portrayed in Watchtower artwork. After the birds are done pecking out my eyeballs, I guess my soul/spirit still has a chance for more mischief in some other dimension?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit