A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• cypher50
    cypher50
    that just killed me when the loving brothers would make comments such as 'cant you just wait until armageddon so god will destroy (insert random person)', or if someone was rude on service they come back to the group and laugh about they will get theirs when god destroys them, pretty sadisitic

Yea, I've heard the same thing before from some brothers and I probably even said something like that in jest before...it wasn't until I was in my late teens that I gained pity for those who yelled at me in service & such. BTW, Schizm, Pwned didn't mention the WTS but I will say one thing: for an organization that doesn't condone the attitude displayed in that post by Pwned, the WTS sure likes to be very colorful & dramatic in its images of when Armeggedon is happening.

I hate when people say that it is for God to judge or that the bible isn't clear on something and then they give their opinion on the matter as if it is fact...

• professor
    professor

His obvious intent was to ridicule, and nothing else.

Some "professor" you are!

I am also not really on Gilligan's Island, but I can tell when someone is being attacked unnecessarily. Hope you cheer up.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I will say one thing: for an organization that doesn't condone the attitude displayed in that post by Pwned, the WTS sure likes to be very colorful & dramatic in its images of when Armeggedon is happening.--Cyper50.

What they paint is true to the picture. Armageddon isn't gonna be a pretty thing. So what's your beef?

• Pwned
    Pwned
    Go to hell!-Schizm

wow! is that the latest new light, the WTS believes in hell now?

sorry if my comments hit too close to home.

• Schizm
    Schizm

His obvious intent was to ridicule, and nothing else.

Some "professor" you are!

I am also not really on Gilligan's Island, but I can tell when someone is being attacked unnecessarily.--Professor.

I'm glad to see you agree that Pwned made an unjustified attack on JW's as a whole.

• professor
    professor

iAye Carumba!

• cypher50
    cypher50
    What they paint is true to the picture. Armageddon isn't gonna be a pretty thing. So what's your beef?

You say that the organization doesn't condone its members finding glee in those dying at Armeggedon but the WTS has so many images of people dying in Armeggedon and they are some of the most elaborate pictures the organization has produced...in fact, most of the Tribulation pictures look much more detailed then the ones they make for Paradise. If the organization doesn't condone its members looking forward to the "goats" dying during Armeggedon then why make such grand images? To scare people into repenting (which is not the way to find true believers)?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    sorry if my comments hit too close to home.--Pwned.

You're good at twisting just about everything someone else says. For the record, it wasn't YOUR comments that got that reaction out of me. Like I've already said, You're a young man, green behind the ears, with more muscle, no doubt, than sense.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Oh go away, Cyper50, for crying out loud. You're so full of nonsense that you must be overweight by at least 500 pounds.

• cypher50
    cypher50

Schizm, weren't you just chastising Pwned for being immature? Nice comeback though, I see you like to deal with a situation in a firm but subtle manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit