A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JWs are hateful in a passive-agressive way towards all non-JWs. There's no other way to put it, really.

However, guiding ourselves by the accounts in the Bible, whenever God destroyed a nation, or during the flood, I'm sure there were children. In the book of Deuteronomy there's verse that says God takes punishment up to the 4th generation of people in the case that they have sinned deliverately against him.

I don't know what happened to the "God is love" thing there. Quite bitter and vengeful for a "loving" God.

DY

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yes, I remember crabby sister out in service being so digusted with people not listening to her at the door (she was crabby at the door too) that she vidictively said she couldn't "wait for the day when Jehovah comes and destroys all these people."

I remember brother at the hall telling a joke. "What do you call rice chistians after god destroys them at Armegeddon? --RICE CRISPIES..."

There were many of these jokes and comments over the years. I did wince when I heard them, but still continued on in the cult for several years--I am disgusted with myself for doing so and for not speaking out aganist the obvious hatred and separating myself from it sooner.

cybs

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Thank all of you for your comments.

Schism- You've made some interesting comments, but I don't understand why you consider the WTBS to be "miles ahead" of any other part of Christendom. After reading the writings of Russell and Rutherford, it is clear to me that this organization is a sham- founded on wishful thinking and intellectual dishonesty.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I don't understand why you consider the WTBS to be "miles ahead" of any other part of Christendom.

The WTS contrasts with the general practices of Christendom in many ways:

• It is not nationalistic/patriotic.
    • It understands the true nature of God (that he's not a trinity).
    • It rejects the notion of an "immortal soul."
    • It doesn't follow the world's practices (Christmas; Easter; Valentine's Day; Halloween; etc)
    • It recognizes that God's original purpose for the earth hasn't changed (Paradise earth).
    • It doesn't allow people who engage in filthy or immoral practices to be part of the Congregation unless they're willing to stop such practices.
    • It requires its members to share their faith with people of the world.
    • It requires its members to participate during meetings, rather than just sit in silence.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It doesn't allow people who engage in filthy or immoral practices to be part of the Congregation unless they're willing to stop such practices.

This no doubt includes you for hanging about with us vile apostates. So when are they making the announcement? Oh, that's right. They don't know you are here! My bad... lol

Actually, I had some thoughts on your earlier post...

What you're doing here is telling of examples where very immature individuals have made irrational statements.

I guess you missed the part where at lease one of the people making those statements was 80? Of course there's no fool like an old fool. The GB proves it

I have no doubts whatsoever but what you're telling the truth, but you're not telling the whole story either.

And you know this how? I have heard the same thing from the platform and out in service...

The fact is that the WTS doesn't condone such an attitude as what you've described.

Bullshit. I heard it from the platform, during assemblies, and in the WT.

You're not being fair, nor honest, in judging JW's as a whole on the basis of what a few immature dummies have said.

Skuze me, but those imamature dummies are the GB. Care to revise your statement?

Actually, I consider you as being just as immature as those you're poking fun at. And I'd bet money that you're not 25 years old yet. Right? You're as wet behind the ears as Gumby, but a whole lot younger.

I'm so tired of this; personal attack when pressured. You cannot take the food critics, stop cooking.

Jeannie

• Schizm
    Schizm
    It doesn't allow people who engage in filthy or immoral practices to be part of the Congregation unless they're willing to stop such practices.

This no doubt includes you for hanging about with us vile apostates. So when are they making the announcement? Oh, that's right. They don't know you are here! My bad... lol

To "hang" with another person or group of persons suggests that they approve of one another and consider one another as friends. You need to step back and take another look, jeanniebeanz.

The rest of your comments don't even deserve being answered.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So you are not hanging out with us? What, exactly, do you consider your time here; Ministry?

J

edited to add; I didn't say 'hang with', I said 'hang about'. Big difference, and since you have shared almost 800 opinions with us, I'd say you are definitly hanging about in direct violation from your fearless leaders the GB.

• Jez
    Jez
    I was at a JW 'party' at the beach several years ago. A little way down the beach from us was a youth group from a local church having a bonfire. They were having a great time, laughing and talking, and singing Christian songs. A real happy bunch of young teens having some good clean fun.

My aunt said, "Boy arn't THEY gonna be surprised at Armageddon!!" To which the entire JW group started laughing their heads off.

I could just CRY and SCREAM at the same time over stories like this. I have a wee sweet wonderful girl that loves her church, her summer bible camps and the people there. She is one of those sweethearts sitting on the beach singing songs about love and God. She is going to grow up with a healthy love of God, not some sick twisted fear of him like those other teens. What a f***ing ignorant thing to say, if there is a God, he is listening. My own mother said to my little sister, "I will watch the birds pick at your eyeballs when Armageddon is all said and done." I hate her. DAMN Jez

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    My own mother said to my little sister, "I will watch the birds pick at your eyeballs when Armageddon is all said and done." I hate her.

How old was your sister when this happened? God, those people are psychopathic...

J

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Wow! I wonder how my daughter would feel to hear that at the KH when she is with her dad. The brother on the platform would be speaking of my son her little half brother (who, might I add, is such a sweet, likeable and caring little boy who loves God and is always insisting we do our Bible study).

They are sick and twisted! They think God is going to destroy little children who are worldly and at the same time he hates abortion. Go figure...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit