A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• professor
    professor
    Oh go away, Cyper50, for crying out loud. You're so full of nonsense that you must be overweight by at least 500 pounds.

Cyper50 will go away when destroyed at Armageddon and then you can have a good laugh.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I can't believe that there are still people here, who are treating the bible as anything other than a history book with some didactic fiction thrown in for light relief.

It is sad to think of how many JWs will (my parents included) actually die old, in poverty and disappointed and bitter that billions of humans haven't been slaughtered by Sado-hova in their lifetime and never will. Not as sad as being one of them though!

• Bas
    Bas

Me thinks Schizm has some emotional issues. Maybe this forum is not the right place for him right now. After all who fraternizes with the apostate enemy will be destroyed at armageddon as well.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I was at a JW 'party' at the beach several years ago. A little way down the beach from us was a youth group from a local church having a bonfire. They were having a great time, laughing and talking, and singing Christian songs. A real happy bunch of young teens having some good clean fun.

My aunt said, "Boy arn't THEY gonna be surprised at Armageddon!!" To which the entire JW group started laughing their heads off.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Am inclined to agree, Bas.

What is the weirdest thing for me now is that I used to buy that whole thing about Jah being such a loving God he would never burn his children - ie "there is no hell" teaching and I didn't spot how ludicrous and contradictory it was to believe that and simultaneously think it was fine for him to pulp innocent billions of others and to look forward to Armageddon!

I look back in shame at my utter guillibility and inability to question this at the time!

My stance now is that I will not worship a God who kills humans because they won't pander to his ego - it really simplifies everything and for once I believe it because its my idea, not because it was planted through 16 years of indoctrination. That feels just so great - I have never been happier in my whole life!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My mother used to say comments like that all the time. How all the kids I was going to school with were going to DIE at Armaggedon, etc.

People did seem to laugh about death of children, have a wicked sense of humor, no compassion. It all seems very freaky now to think about.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    After all who fraternizes with the apostate enemy will be destroyed at armageddon as well.

And there will be a celebration then!!! They'll all be saying, "Hey! That Spazim died because he hung out at "apostate websites" despite what God almighty WTS said. Woohoo! Now he's in hell with that Kwintestal fellow that he sent there!"

Kwin

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Schizm, if the comment made was from an immature person, why didn't the brother on the platform, or anyone else correct that kind of thinking and or comment. See Ezekiel chapter 9:6 "Old man, young man and virgin and 'LITTLE CHILD' and women you should kill off---

Blueblades

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thnak you Blondie for posting those exerpts.

It is published material like that, which results in the types of comments mentioned here. That is the typical mindset of most JWs, including us, before we began to think for ourselves.

The vindictiveness, and brutality that is attibuted to God in the bible and echoed by the WTS in their publications, far exceeds any of the evil attibuted to Satan.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman

Hi Generic Man. That's some pretty sick stuff right enough. It's funny how JW's can accept this sort of thing whilst still believing their God is loving. I can't make any sense out of it. It just doesn't seem right. Either God really is twisted, or JW's have it wrong about Him.

if someone was rude on service they come back to the group and laugh about they will get theirs when god destroys them, pretty sadisitic

Yup, familar with that one. At the risk of sounding immature I'll explain my thoughts.

This type of comment I imagine is prevalent in Kingdom Halls all over the world. Do JW's condone it? Officially speaking...no, of course not, but let's face it, there are more than one or two who harbour such thoughts. Will we measure JWs' integrity on what they SAY they should and shouldn't do...or by their actions. OK, these sickos are in a minority. However, it represents a wider problem when you consider it exists in KH's from here to Timbuctu. It's too easy to say "that's not the way they are supposed to think according to the rules of their religion". Fact is many just DO think that way...and they are representing their religion. Child abuse in the Catholic church is not being true to the values of that religion. Do we say..."Oh, but the Catholic church doesn't believe in child abuse" or do we say "those sick MFs". If you walked into a store and the assistant was rude to you for no reason, do you say "Oh well, he's only one individual who's in the wrong" or do you say "How dare you, you are the face of this company and have made a bad impression, for this I won't shop at this store again!"

They are representing their religion so the credibility of the religion is besmirched by such comments. Just my 2 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit