Goodbye everyone

by holly 162 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

No offense to Holly, but you simply can't reason with a person that's convinced. A convinced person tries to find a way to feel comfortable with their convictions. That's how Young Earthers can manage to find solace in their beliefs with the occassional 'petrified boot' or whatever that they come across. "Ah, here it is! The proof that I'm on the right path." Throw three thousand bits of counter-evidence into the mix, and it will still be that one oddity that sticks out and allows them to believe whatever they have chosen to believe.

My father-in-law is the same way. No amount of reasoning will penetrate the fog of conviction.

(I keep saying "they", as if I'm not in that category. I shudder to think of all the things I'm unknowingly "convinced" of...)

Dave

• fairchild
    fairchild
    when i first came on here i was told to research all angles. i have.

Holly, should you come back here... I was just wondering if you have read "Crisis Of Conscience"?

Wherever you go, make sure to walk on happy paths.

Chris

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well, looks like AFIN took another captive... hahahaha

Whatever floats yer boat, Holly. If you can turn a blind eye to all the people the organization has hurt, then you deserve them... For now, that is.

Take care, and when the BS really starts to get to you, don't forget where we are, you judgemental little automaton you... lol Been there, done that!

Jeannie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

hmmm.. she better not use that avatar any more.. -->

doesn't she know that the JWs wouldn't approve of it??

I'd be willing to say she doesn't!

She sure has a lot to learn----double meaning intended.

Annie

• integ
    integ

Holly,

First off I don't believe a word you've said on any of your posts...I think it has all been an insidious attempt, ( a rather creative one though), to spout off your JW rhetoric, that has NO foundation in actual truth. Anyone that claims to have an open mind and does the fair and balanced research, with all you have at your disposal, would make the decision you have. Rest assured there is at least ONE person on the board who has seen through your ruse. I'd wish you good luck, but not only do you not believe in luck, but you obviously wouldn't know what to do with it if you had it.

Integ.

I believe the jws are right and that they have the truth. i believe many of you know that too. -- Holly

Holly,

Your belief that others here concur with your beliefs is rather presumptuous. Personally, I believe you are joining a cult because you have succumbed to their powerful mind control techniques, which have been perfected over the course of their despicable history. The real "truth" is that the Watchtower is a corporate cult, that enslaves the minds of many for the despicable greed and thirst for power of its stockholders. That is what I believe, so you can cross me off the list of the "many" that you delusionally ascribe your beliefs to.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Integ:
    I have to confess that the phrase "potential troll" went through my mind, seeing some of the responses, too. She definitely seemed "in too deep" to be accepting what they believe so easily.

when i first came on here i was told to research all angles. i have. and i find the jws to be Jehovas people and I will join them.

That is entirely your perogative.
    Good luck.
    I look forward to seeing you in another wee while, when you realise that it's not all it was cracked up to be. We shall be here to pick up the pieces.

Some of you may have been df'd, possibly as a result of your own stuff and you deserved it. you know deep down the answer to that.

THAT was insulting!
    Up to that point my heart really went out to you (notwithstanding the concern at the back of my mind that you might be a troll), but that was totally uncaring.

However, I still wish you the best, on life's journey.
    I think I've just about given up constantly defending folks from their determined efforts to self-injury.

Bye.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

if you can be misjudged and badly hurt and then punished for something that isnt your fault, and you can bow to that punishment and accept it, and forgive those people that did it to you, and accept that punishment like it was your fault, even when it wasnt, then i think you have found the true meaning of love and forgiveness, and hold the keys to the kingdom.

Woa, Holly, you don't know me, but I have been reading your posts with great interest! Your statement above describes martyrs, beaten and abused individuals. Being misjudged and not standing up for yourself is being a martyr and that is what the JW elders and their flocks will do to you in a heart-beat. They will be looking for anything to chew you up and spit you out in order to secure their own visions of self-righteousness. Are you ready to grovel at their feet? I've seen it, experienced it first hand - at the hand of the great Mr. Jaracz himself. No I am not df'd or anything else, I refused to allow them the gratification for their own self-righteousness. Simply disappeared. Lose yourself, lose your mind, lose your self-respect and you will qualify as a good JW. Not a child of the Divine, but a child of those in charge of the Watchtower, not what they claim to stand for! Think a lot more before you jump...

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

At the risk of ossiepost suspending me completely ... here goes.

THE WORM HAS SURE TURNED ... HASN'T IT?

Here we go with the TROLL word again.

I guess when all else fails .... one MUST be atroll.

If not, it would show you lot up for what you really are ... hate-filled creatures!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We don't hate you AFIN, we feel sorry for you or anyone who is locked in such a small world. Most of us were there for years and understand completely your mindset. It is painful for us to see you suffer.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit