Goodbye everyone

by holly 162 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    This is just another one of those "hit and run" final posts where the person posting fires some parting shots and then doesn't even stay around to defend their snide comments.

Agreed.

If she's made a decision that that was what she wanted to do, there are more gracefuls ways of making an exit than to toss out the requisite JW guilt trip and snide condescending comment.

I hope she didn't let the door hit her in the a$$ on the way out.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...I believe it is Gods organisation. he gave the ungodly governments power of us, and asked us to comply, where it doest conflict with His laws. so we pay our taxes and act like good citizens. if he wants us to comply with the ungodly government, how much more does he want us to comply with his chosen people?"

Interesting. So, you only act like a good citizen. (As opposed to being good citizens.)

I guess you could also carry this over to being a JW... and just act like a good JW. (As opposed to being a good JW.)

Good Luck,

Jim TX

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had just replied to her other thread.....now I see THIS one!!!!

All I have to say is: and....we'll leave the on...........

Annie

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

~~~~~

I can?t find the emoticon with the spinning head and green puke spewing all around.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow. This has got to be a first. Shows you why there will always be fundies.

Actually, she kind of reminds me of myself. When I was 15, my dad left the org for very good, rational reasons. However, my indoctrination was such that hearing them only hardened my determination to be a Witness, as if working harder would make it true. Took me 10 years to get over myself and realize my dad was right all along.

SNG

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Well I for one found Holly's final post to to be very condescending. Even though she signed it "With Kindest Regards" the rest of the post read differently. This is just another one of those "hit and run" final posts where the person posting fires some parting shots and then doesn't even stay around to defend their snide comments.

I have to wonder about someone who supposedly "researched all angles" and still, knowingly, with eyes wide open, joins an abusive cult. But then, judging by the final post, she'll probably fit right in. I'm sure she'll have no difficulty looking down on victims of child sexual abuse. Maybe she'll tell them they "have found the true meaning of love and forgiveness, and hold the keys to the kingdom."

Walter

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Oh well, no matter, I don?t need it. I know this post has to be redundant, but I couldn?t wait to read the thread just yet:

? if you can be misjudged and badly hurt and then punished for something that isnt your fault, and you can bow to that punishment and accept it, and forgive those people that did it to you, and accept that punishment like it was your fault , even when it wasnt, then i think you have found the true meaning of love and forgiveness,

and hold the keys to the kingdom.

i expect many will disagree, and tear apart what i say. hopefully, some of you will understand. i know for a fact, ?

Okay, I do need it. (Visualize the above mentioned spinning head ? then make it explode!)

I?m Soooo glad this thread was started, because someone will read it, and the responses to it, and understand the intensely abusive mind-fcuk we all have been describing. How can Holly, after nearly 300 posts come to that conclusion above. It?s Battered Brain Syndrome at its most acute.

Sad really, extremely sad ? and I know you?re gonna read this thread, Holly. I?d bet heavily that you?ll creep back in, just for a peek at what you?ve started ? ?cause you know, and I know, and most other folks in here know: the Org is now and has always been full of it. But its grip is so strong. It would have to be to make a sensible adult?after 300 posts and soul searching?come to that comical conclusion.

I would pray for you, Holly ... but even you must agree it?s notoriously unreliable.

Siluwé

• Sassy
    Sassy

hmmm.. she better not use that avatar any more.. -->

doesn't she know that the JWs wouldn't approve of it??

• Quotes
    Quotes

Despite the fact that parts of your final post were judgemental and condescending, I wish you PEACE and LOVE and HAPPINESS. Truly and sincerely, I wish these things for you.

Please remember: the Scriptures teach that you can and should carefully examine your belief against the scriptures. JWs remind others of this all the time. But I urge you to try and remember that it applies to all, even JWs.

As you are examining your beliefs, don't forget that at one time Jah had chosen the ancient Israelites. They are now his people no longer (according to most Christian denominations). That means that a group or organization can fall out of favour with God and lose their special status. You should continue carefully examining things to make sure that your organization has not fallen out of favour with God.

If you are happy with JWs, peace be with you. I truly believe that some people are better off in high control groups (doesn't matter which one, either: Scientologists, Moonies, JWs, Mormons, etc.) I also truly believe that most people in those groups do not fit that description, that is to say, most people in high control groups are far worse off in them. Remember: if, in the future, you find you don't like where you are, you can always leave.

Do NOT confuse "loyalty to an American printing company" with "loyalty to God". And never forget to be true to yourself.

PEACE.

~Quotes, of the "writing things that won't even be read" class

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I'll be sorry to see you leave Holly - we joined at about the same time and I've thoroughly enjoyed your postings. I wish you well and hope you find what you've been looking for. PLEASE, however, remember your children in this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit