I think the jws might be right

by holly 114 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    the jws use the bible as their yardstick -

If that is the case then they are condemned by their own yardstick. On many counts.

False prophecy. And covering up their false prophecies.

Appointing child molesters as elders (2 of my brother-in-laws) and claiming they are "appointed by Holy Spirit."

Fornicating with the "disgusting thing that causes desolation", the UN.

Deceiving members about their history.

"Abstain from blood" - fractions ok now but once prohibited. Has god changed his mind?

Will men of Sodom be resurrected? How many times have they changed their minds? I lost count.

Rev. 22:18, 19 (NWT)

18 ?I am bearing witness to everyone that hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; 19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things which are written about in this scroll.

How much have the JWs added to their teaching that is not scriptural? Pioneers, bethel, publication of literature, no beards, international construction projects, rejection of emblems at memorial, jesus NOT mediator for all christians, dates.

Secret judicial hearings. This was not the case in the first century.

Prohibition on examining your own religion and beliefs once you are baptized.

In most cases they stand condemned by their own publications as well as the bible.

Walter

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I think this pretty well sums up WHY Holly has decided to return to the witnesses. Her statement proves WHY there will always be SOME who subscribe to cults. Need I say more? Give it up folks....you'll never win against a mind such as this.

Gotta agree with you Gumby. Sad but true. Kinda like that old cliche about water finding its own level.

Chris

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Gumby and Chris,

Unfortunately, I thought the same thing last night. It's too bad.

When we were all "new" JWs who came in from the world (not by birth) we were SO gung-ho about everything the WTS fed us. If Holly goes into baptism before some of her personal views (blood) change, she will be in for a rough ride.

We also know that she will be "encouraged" to stay away from this or any other board because her new Mother will not approve. I can't think of one JW that went into the WTS life already having misgivings about the policies. The 'net brings out the hypocrisy of their policies and their twisting of scripture.

Somehow I feel as if we saw someone fall overboard, tried desperatley to save her, taking turns with the rope, and then seeing her slowly sink below the water...........and all we can do is stand there and stare.

Bye-bye Holly...............................

Sad.

Annie

• gumby
    gumby

Perhaps if Holly becomes a dub....she'll see and remember many things she heard here on JWD were true. At least she has many seeds planted in her mind........we'll see perhaps.

Gumby

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Semper Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit