I think the jws might be right

by holly 114 Replies latest jw friends

• holly
    holly
    i looked up some of your past posts and found one that stated you were dumped as a bible student. Did you ever pick the study back up and were you baptised?

No - if you look at the dates you will see that was about a month ago. i have just researched for myself since, made myself unpopular on another board full of born again christians - and left that board - joined a jw chat room. read the bible - looked up some jewish history - church history - bin pretty much working at this one full time.

by the way, if i miss anyones particular questions, please refer them again, im not avoiding anything - just easy to get lost in all the comments and questions. got a limited time on here and two kids fighting me to get on the computor, and then there's work ...........

which i must get to now !!

holly

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Holly, what you decide is upto you and it is your life.

In your research think about who is providing you with such information and why. The WTS operate a high control group and rule through fear, peer pressure and guilt; personally that doesnt sound like an organisation supported by a loving god and I cannot support it however i am open enough to accept i maybe wrong and would welcome someone elses view point on this. Its upto you Holly.

Go forth and research...good luck and keep in touch.

• kls
    kls

Holly you can believe anything you want and not belong to any organization. That leaves you free to think what you want and have an open mind. I do believe that all religions have some truth to what they say but the jws say they are Gods only channel and if this were to be true ,their God makes a whole lotta mistakes.

Go to any other religion and have them tell you what they meaning is of certain scriptures and i will bet it will make perfect sense to you when they explain how they feel it should mean.

Please becareful in your decision because after being here on this site you know joining the jws could rip your life apart and once you join it is so hard to break free.

Still talk to you ??? Heck ya i like you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,( hugs)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I suggest you start reading the early Christians, start with the Didache, which the WT has quoted to support its own ends. Then I would recommend starting with Justin Martyr, Polycarp, and Clement. Then you can get the context in which the early Christians really believed about God.

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0714.htm (The Didache)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

holly you said:

i believe the bible is the inspired word of god, and some people on this earth have the right message. its been suggested that no one has all the information, that the church might be right about some stuff, and jws about other stuff, and maybe other groups have certain facts right. but the bible says in the last days there will be a witness of the good news of the kingdom, and then the end will come. Now if god wants information to be known, i cannot believe he works through individuals with massively varying opinions and messages. there has to be, if we have a god of order, a united message that is right. whoever these people are have to be of one voice, and from what i can see, there are only the jws with a message of unity.

I too was in the same quandary as you and I was so reluctant to let go of what I had known all my life. I hated to admit that I had been hoodwinked and I had given so much of my life to the B'org I was sick of heart and really wanted some answers.

For me the answers came when I quit looking at religion but looked at what fueled religion which was the Bible. Is the Bible really the word of God? Who is God? What does God require of us/me? I found this to be the thing that answered my inner voice. Look at information on the Bible you will be surprised at what you find out about this so called inspired book as well as other so called inspired books.

Here is a good place to begin:

http://lightworksav.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPRODGROUP&ID=2

I got those first five tapes and thus began a whole new journey for me and one that settled within my heart the quandary you are now experiencing. I hope you investigate this further and find your answers and also find the peace of mind that we are here for a purpose but it's not what we've been taught by the WTS.

Happy hunting! Freedom is knowing you can look outside the WTS for answers and you will find them.

Kate

• avishai
    avishai

About what? 1914? The UN? The thousands of pedophiles they've covered for? Malawi / Mexico?

• JH
    JH

Jesus said that his true disciples had love for one another.

I just don't see true love in that org.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Holly,

As you've seen, no one here will hate you over your beliefs. We've all gotten enough of that and we're not about to start dishing it out.

Most of the problems people here have with the Watchtower revolve around control, not doctrine. You have personally decided against blood transfusions, for instance. You have the right to make that call. But the Watchtower says you DON'T have that right. They call it a law. And if you find yourself in a position where medically the risk of taking blood is outweighed by the risk of not taking it, you will still be under that law as a JW. Decide to exercise your human right to make choices about your medical care and you will be DF'd.

If their doctrines are right, but they exercise control over you beyond what the Bible authorizes, can they really be "right"?

It's one thing to sit in your home and believe what JW's believe. It's another entirely to become baptized as a JW and come under their rulership. Do the first if you want, but please carefully consider ever doing the second.

Dave

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

You are right, they are right about a lot of stuff but they are also wrong about a lot of stuff. Same goes for all religions. Problem is, they want you to believe that they are right about everything. That's the biggest flaw of them all.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You have the right to believe anything you like.

No one is mad at you.

It's all about free choice.

If you feel that jw are right and are happy and comfortable with it good for you and I would not discourage you.

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit