I think the jws might be right

by holly 114 Replies latest jw friends

• holly
    holly

I really like this board. I hate making this statement bec i dont want you to all start hating me. but since i came on here i have been researching a lot. all the stuff that people comment on, on here. all the stuff the jws have given me to read. jewish history. history of the church. most importantly i have been reading the bible for myself. i read the NIV. i compare with the others, new world, king james and good news. i have read large chunks of it. every time i read it i find the jws quite scriptural. please dont all jump on me. i really dont want to leave this site. just wanted to say this, thats all.

holly

• jaredg
    jaredg

i think that the JWs are right about a lot of stuff but they are also wrong about alot of stuff. the stuff that they are wrong about is enough for me not to want to be a part of that organization but i do charish and value some of the education that i recieved from them. what exactly are you talking about that they are right on?

• Bryan
    Bryan

No problem Holly. You certainly are entitled to you opinion.

Just curious though, where does it say in the bible that you can't take whole blood transfussions, but may take many parts of the blood by transfussion?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

They are right about some things.........but are they God's sole Channel?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I suspect you do expect some kind of response though.

Why should anyone hate you? It's your life.

Perhaps you'd rather bring up a specific topic on which you think JWs right.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Holly, are you reading selected texts or the bible as a whole? I found that really made a difference for me when I read things in the context of the chapter, not just one scripture here, one there.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Every religion says a few things that might agree with the bible. That doesn't make them right about everything. The jws have been wrong about many things, just as other religions have.

In my opinion, even if the JWs were correct in all their doctrines, it still would not excuse their abusive practices and policies.

Walter

• defd
    defd

big dog

give us an example of understand script. in context

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    They are right about some things.........but are they God's sole Channel?

Confused ... you are so right!

That's the issue. Anyone who sets themselves up as GODs voice here on earth ... has got to be suspect. But its good that you are researching and discovering things for yourself, Holly ... keep doing that.

I'm new, but I doubt anyone would try to chase you off the board for doing exactly what the Witnesses don't want you to do ... which is think for yourself and ask questions.

taylorS

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Holly, I believe the JW's are right about some things, but I think they are wrong about most things. You are definitely entitled to your opinion and since I have my parents and others still left in the Borg, I feel for you. You need to look at the history of the borganization, and their changes in doctrine throughout the century. God changes his mind a lot in the WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit