hey yall im back!!!!!!!!! New brother

by defd 172 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I can appreciate your last post defd. Thats what its all about. Thats honesty, and no one can fault you for that.

I cant flault anyone for wanting to stick to his god. We dont all believe in Jehovah or in god. Some do. Thats cool. What ever floats your boat. The respect must be mutual.

Thanks again for that post.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Wasn't that what we asked for in the first place?

*patting defd on the back* - Don't you feel better now that you got that out in the open? *hands him a hanky*

Welcome to the club ole boy, we won't tell you that you need to leave the org, and that's the difference, people here will accept you any way you want to be...as long as it's honest.

I wish you the very best in your journey and hope to see more from you.

W

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I have made up my mind to remain Faithful to Jehovah and not let those who say they are his people run me away.I serve Jehovah because I want to and love Him not because of the friends.
    Bingo, and that is why you do not need to be a JW to serve the god and his son you love.
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    So this will be my last post on this site.

I sincerely doubt that, and hope it not to be the case.

• Scully
    Scully

scully that is true, when I 1st got here I truely did not know what this site was about so i made my intentions quit clear at the outset. But just because I said I do not want to talk to DF or APOST. individuals does not mean I think I am better than they are. I feel they are not in a very good position to be in but I do not feel I am any better than they are. Then when I did get in I soon Realized what this site was all about. That is why I would be so evasive and not very talkative, I was froze. Yes We are encouraged not to associate with those individuals and I agree with it. But I got sucked up into the whole thing. Is Jehovah angry with me? No! worried? yes!

Personally, I don't think Jesus wants his followers to treat each other badly. He associated with tax collectors, harlots, lepers, and other people that God's Chosen People? - the Jews and those who were in positions of leadership among the Jewish people - rejected and shunned. Why would Jesus want his followers to reject the very people he welcomed with open arms?

You all are not the only ones who have been hurt, disappointed, cheated, slandered, and so-on by those who calim to be brothers.I have been too. I have also been disfellowshipped in the past. And I can relate too many of the stories in here about how the brothers weren't doing there jobs as Sheperds. Going to them for encouragement and not getting it. Being promised help and not getting it. Lies even. I could tell you all the same things happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that you can relate to others' experiences here and have learned the importance of empathy and fellow-feeling. Many of us have been treated with such a lack of love, lack of kindness and lack of compassion by The Brothers?, that we have been compelled to question whether Jehovah's Witnesses are really the ones Jesus meant when he said "By this all will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves."

But throgh it all, I stuck it out got reinstated. I have made up my mind to remain Faithful to Jehovah and not let those who say they are his people run me away.I serve Jehovah because I want to and love Him not because of the friends.

One of the things I distinctly remember from my 25 years as a JW, is that if - for example - a Catholic person experienced some of the disappointments that you and I have experienced as JWs - from Shepherds? not having time to help, or willingness to help, or lies / slander being spread about them in their church - we were taught by the WTS that these were clear evidence that the church they belonged to was not pleasing to Jehovah, because they lacked love that Jesus promised would be there among his true followers. Should we not hold the WTS to the same standard?

So this will be my last post on this site. I hope that you continue to pray to Jehovah and do your best to follow his commandments. Jesus will be the Judge of us ALL. He knows your circumstances and why you left.

To be honest with you, I hope you'll reconsider. Obviously you are an intelligent and articulate person who wants to do what is right, just like everyone else here. I enjoy talking with you in a reasonable and respectful conversation; and I think you'll find that almost everyone here feels the same.

Cheers, Scully
  • wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Do not resist the dark side defd...don't deny your feeeeeelings...you can't turn away from the power of the Jehovahs Witnesses Discussion Forum...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think defd got spanked by AFIN. Now we know who wears the pants in the family. lol

J

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    But I got sucked up into the whole thing.

defd,

Boy do I know THAT feeling!!!

Annie

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I just read the intro thread and now this one. Round and round in circles to say nothing at all.

UNTIL...

The last post. Took until #97 to say anything real. Too bad it took so long to get that out because those are real feelings and beliefs and that is what this forum is great at addressing.

As funny as some of these two threads were, man!! What a lot of time spent on that merry-go-round.

I hope defd/gaba comes back (or at least lurks) because there was a whiff on honesty there finally.

If he doesn't, perhaps another lurker will benefit.

-Aude.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He just started sounding human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit