hey yall im back!!!!!!!!! New brother

by defd 172 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Bye, defd, and take care of yourself, mind, body, and spirit!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I echo Scully,

To be honest with you, I hope you'll reconsider. Obviously you are an intelligent and articulate person who wants to do what is right, just like everyone else here. I enjoy talking with you in a reasonable and respectful conversation; and I think you'll find that almost everyone here feels the same.

Defd, I hope you will come back. I enjoyed your first century Church thread. I don't think it died, there were some excellent points made there. Remember, this board is made up of a variety of people with varying opinions. For instance, some on the board consider talking to you to be a waste of time. Others do not. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Scully has given you some excellent advice on how to watch your language and treat the ladies. Come back with the frame of mind to share what you reallly feel - without lumping us all in to the same pot - without using abusive language - and I predict you will have a pleasant experience with us all. I think you have found out how thrilling a discussion board can be, with dozens of people all over the world throwing in their two cents.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Defd:

I admit, in your initial thread, that I believed that you were an honest searcher and did not know what you had walked into. I got nine pages into the post, and I still believed that people were teasing you, etc. I defended you, and then finally figured out that you knew EXACTLY what what kind of board this was, and you were having as much fun teasing us, as we were, teasing you.

Then, with discussions with others, I realized that you were just playing the board. Now, I realize with this last posting that you really *do* have a question. If you did not, you wouldn't still be here. You realized a long time ago that this board is made up of those people that question the authority of the FDS, adn those that downright reject AND object to it. You had a chance, long ago, to clear that up, but you didn't take it. You still are here with us, and I think that's because of a reason: a long held doubt. Whether you stay here or not is up to you, but I think you know that the slavery you have put yourself under for all these years is not worship of the True God, it's worship of a group of people that say they are God-inspired, but prove FALSE. It's just that: slavery, and should NOT be confused with a loving and beneficent relationship with God.

I hope you stay here with us. Any questions that you have can be answered, even if by a simple "I don't know.". Some of us don't agree on what the truth is, some say that a static truth does not exist, and some say that there is no "truth" that we all just die and rot. Not a lot here can agree on exactly what the *truth is, but I think we *do* know it isn't JWs, and their faulty interpretation of the Bible. At least we can sometimes agree on that. NOBODY knows, and that is the mystery of God, if one believes in him.

I do hope you at least keep an open mind and take the time to research your beliefs with outside sources. Good luck to you.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit