It Just Ain't Fair

by HadEnuf 88 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

HadEnuf,

I just looked up Brownboy's title: "Master Member". I think I can safely assure you that despite his more exalted title, you carry a shade more respect on this board than he does. Just for kicks, I looked up scholar's, too. I would bet you've got him beat as well, though you both share the same "title".

As was said, it's a common way to mark poster's on internet discussion boards. Don't sweat it, you're a "queen" to me!

Dave, of the "TOILET SCUM" class

• kls
    kls

Hi Cathy from Wisconsin,,,,,,,,,i am also Kathy from Wisconsin,,,,

I would like some of the posters here to get Gold stars for all the help and input they give to the forum but as far as the labels? I don't pay much attention but only think of it as a fun more then rank.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Oh Dave...you made my day. I myself know that I am the "Queen" around here...but alas...no one else seems to be in on this, but you. You are now my friend forever.

Cathy L. "Official Leader of Toilet Scum" Class

• kls
    kls

All hale ,,,,,,,Queen HadEnuf,,,,,,, Bouquet

• blondie
    blondie

Cathy, you are tops in my book. There is no way to label you.; you are one of a kind and I can say that because we have known each other so long and in person. It is pretty much standard on DBs to have little titles; they have them on the Trek BBS I post on; some are not very flattering at any level.

Believe me when I see HadEnuf, I start reading.

Love, Blondie

• upside/down
    upside/down

With all due respect,

You're comments remind me of the "older" ones in my hall that wanted rank and privelege simply for having been there the longest. As a hard working young buck dub, I resented their "tenure" based mentality of rank and privelege- which I could have cared less about.

I was raised by "worldly" parents and taught to treat all as superior to myself and show respect especially to my elders (even if they didn't earn or deserve it). I was amazed that the Dubs weren't like this. They are a VERY HIERARCHIAL ARRANGEMENT minded group. So many of them are obsessed with jockeying for positions and wanting to be "princes" in their "new system". They can have it!

I agree with most of the comments here. The "label" given on this board are merely a barometer for the curious. It's more colorful than just putting a percentage or number down and in no way demeans ANYONE! Don't miss the point of the forum.

I also think that the labeling system smacks of what I felt whilst a JW. LABELS, LABELS AND MORE LABELS. You know the drill. DO, CO, PO, ELDER, MS, SPECIAL PIONEER, PIONEER, AUXILIARY PIONEER, PUBLISHER, UNBAPTIZED PUBLISHER, DISFELLOWSHIPPED, DISASSOCIATED, APOSTATE, BOTTOM OF THE TOILET SCUMBAG, etc.

What do you want? A humorless, antiseptic, cold, colorless web-site? I like the "flavor" here. This forum in NO WAY resembles the JW system or hierarchy. Brownboy, schizm, scholar etc-- big titles, big opinions, big colons!

Your post "sounds" more like you fear you're being left behind somehow, not respected, loved or valued- NOT THE CASE! I've not bee here long and have "pissed" a few off at times and yet I definitely feel a sense of "belonging", to a large degree. I certainly would never want to steal your glory or anyone elses for that matter. But I'm a talker (Sicilian), many times saying WAY TOO MUCH! Just like in a real conversation I can tend to dominate it. The interenet I feel slows people like me down (makes me think first too) and actually gives ones like you MORE of a say than you might otherwise have and here it has "staying" power.

Be happy with what you do and who you are and stop worrying what others might think- remember that's definitely a carryover from Dub-land!

u/d

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

OH MY GOODNESS!! I certainly am not "class conscience" and being compared to:

the "older" ones in my hall that wanted rank and privelege simply for having been there the longest

is almost hysterical. That is definately not my style. Why do you think we left that organization? Me thinks you take me too seriously upside/down.

I'M JUST KIDDING AROUND WITH THIS EVERYONE. JEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSHHHHH...come on. Can't a girl have a little fun? Look at my picture here. Does this look like someone who takes herself too seriously?

Give me a break everyone...Don't you GET IT? This is not a totally serious posting. It's just something that crosses my mind once in a while! I certainly don't need lectures on my "attitude". I had enough of that at a JW.

Thank you Blondie for your kind words. You know that my feelings are similar about you and your beloved Irreverent.

Now everybody...let's bow to "The Queen"...because you know...it's good to be Queen. Even if it's queen of the toilet scum.

Cathy L. "If you can't laugh at yourself...then put your head in the toilet and give it a flush "

• jaredg
    jaredg

i really don't know why anyone gives a rats ass....i don't view my status on an internet message board as anything significnt!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

HadEnuf, I'm on some non JW related boards and they have titles too. It is just part of the software. It has nothing to do with being a dub..

and I know that you are just as valuable here as anyone else.. no matter our titles!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well...since most of these replies seem to make me look like some kind of Jerk...I am now going back into my shell and will not further annoy anyone with my ridiculous postings.

What ever happened to something called a SENSE OF HUMOR?

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit