It Just Ain't Fair

by HadEnuf 88 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Dear Concerned Forum Posters:

I feel at this time, in my long and varied career here at the forum, I must protest to the Exalted and Respected Administator of this site, that a problem does exist in it's "labeling" of posters. This concerns the titles that are given to posters when they reach a certain amount of posts. Such as: Newbie, Jr. Member (Is that one?), Sr. Member, Jedi Master, Supreme One, etc. (Heck...I'm not even sure those are the titles).

My PROBLEM with this is that I, hopefully as a valued member of this Forum for many a year, still has the lowly title of Sr. Member. I look at other posters who have been here say, since maybe July, and they are already up above me in the pecking order! It makes me feel so...WORTHLESS! I mean, couldn't the Exalted and Respected Administrator of this site (yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. Simon, who I love dearly even though he knows nothing about my feelings for him...of course this is in a brother/sister type of way as I am a happily married woman), change this so that you are given a title according to how LONG you have been a member of this site as compared to how many postings you make? This is really more logical to me.

You see, I don't have the time to make hundreds and hundreds of posts. I like to peruse this site often and then throw in my 2 cents when I feel it is appropriate. I try to have quality over quantity. But, before you PROTEST the "quality/quantity" statement, I do have great respect for the many on this site who have reached the higher echelon's by their postings of hundreds and hundreds of comments and topics. They truly do have my utmost respect and admiration because 99% of these postings ARE quality postings. But it still does not take away the sting and sheer dejection I feel as a lowly Sr. member after more than 3 years (I think) on this site.

Thus, I propose that there be different labels given on the basis of TRUE seniority, as in how many years you have been faithful to this site and have given support to the many poor souls who are trying to escape the horror of the Watchtower society. I am one of those persons. Though my postings may seem few and far between, nevertheless, I have been here through the years to support this fine and necessary forum.

I also think that the labeling system smacks of what I felt whilst a JW. LABELS, LABELS AND MORE LABELS. You know the drill. DO, CO, PO, ELDER, MS, SPECIAL PIONEER, PIONEER, AUXILIARY PIONEER, PUBLISHER, UNBAPTIZED PUBLISHER, DISFELLOWSHIPPED, DISASSOCIATED, APOSTATE, BOTTOM OF THE TOILET SCUMBAG, etc.

So if we must resort to labels here, please give me my due and promote me to something more than a Sr. Member. I at least deserve to be say; Most Wonderful and Faithful Poster Who Doesn't Post Too Often But Has Been Here For A Very Long Time.

I rest my case.

Cathy L. "I may be crazy but I'm not an idiot"

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I never look at labels/time/etc. It all means nothing to me.

I like to get to know posters. They are people, you know.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I also think that the labeling system smacks of what I felt whilst a JW. LABELS, LABELS AND MORE LABELS. You know the drill. DO, CO, PO, ELDER, MS, SPECIAL PIONEER, PIONEER, AUXILIARY PIONEER, PUBLISHER, UNBAPTIZED PUBLISHER, DISFELLOWSHIPPED, DISASSOCIATED, APOSTATE, BOTTOM OF THE TOILET SCUMBAG, etc.

Cathy - Good points all. I am also a 'senior member' but have only been on the site for a very short few months.

I did always hate the witness labels too. I call it 'automatic judgementalism'. In one word a witness knows the character, attitude, and spirituality of one whom they may have never met!!

I have seen some of your occasional posts, and respect your words. I do notice too the portion that mentions how long one has been 'enrolled' here, and so don't think others don't note your site 'maturity'.

No bad judgements from this chair.

Jeff

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

If your feeling insignificant on this forum, may I suggest you drop everything your doing, let the laundry build up, housework come to a standstill, basically just letting the house fall down around you, and get posting woman, and chaulk up those numbers, so you become the coveted Supreme One.

I hope you know I'm just kidding. You've got a good point, and maybe that's the 31 day countdown Simon is working on.

cj

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well now that's easy for you to say (Joyzabel)...as one of the Emperor Class. I still don't like the labels. It doesn't help my inferiority complex. (Oh...this really is a tongue & cheek sort of post...kind of...well maybe not...maybe I really mean it). Yes, you are right Joyzabel...posters are people too. But sometimes I just need to VENT!!! Thank you Jeff for you kind words of support. Calamityjane: You are such a hoot...If only I could free myself from the world of domestic slavery and sit in front of my beloved computer and this website 24/7. Alas, an impossibility. I only attain to your greatness Ms. Calamity!!

But I still think we don't need ANY kind of labels here on this forum.

Cathy L. "That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it"

• wednesday
    wednesday

A good point, perhaps the profile should just indicate

member since and number of posts, no ranking.

However, most DB do have this type of system it's not a JW thing.

weds.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

So you see how ignorant I am wednesday. I thought the labeling was just a result of JW mentality. I think everyone is taking me too seriously. I'm just having a little fun with everyone. I don't want everyone to start being MAD at me!

Cathy L.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Oh oh not some more new light, but this time from the board administration. lmao Now the titles will be according to the chronological order of membership from the previous old light where ones posts were counted. Haha j/k

To me I dont look at titles either and whether you are jedi or supreme one or newbie, I measure your merit by the thoughts and quality of each and every post, not merely by title. As i would expect any other to do likewise with me. Just my 2 cents.

Ticker

• wednesday
    wednesday

I know Cathy,

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Whew wednesday! I gotta do all I can to keep my friends here! Because you know I just LOVE EVERYONE HERE!!

To me I dont look at titles either and whether you are jedi or supreme one or newbie, I measure your merit by the thoughts and quality of each and every post, not merely by title. As i would expect any other to do likewise with me. Just my 2 cents.

Ticker: I do that too. (really, I do). I guess I never thought of this from the point that there could be some "new light" coming down from the administration concerning this labeling "situation". This could be big you know. Something like "LABELGATE"!!!!

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit