Only Jehovah's Witnesses

by Yvonne A 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Yvonne A
    Yvonne A

I'm just new to this internet stuff and am studying with the Jehovah's witnesses at present.Please don't take my lack of knowledge as cheek. I just want to know if it's meant to be only Jehovah's witnesses using this site. I fully intend to become baptised but was wondering if there's any security to prevent people who shouldn't be using the site and are maybe abusing it from doing so.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This site is open to all, not restricted to Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not a JW, but I am married to one.

The few sites that attempted to restrict membership did so by asking what song number was listed for such-and-such Sunday and so forth, but even that is not foolproof.

By the way, the Watchtower society is not keen on any witnesses using the internet..."beware the voice of strangers" and all that. Which is why it is so hard to find a "pure" website for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yvonne,

u are in the wonderful position of actually examinning Jehovah's Witnesses before u commit your life to them. Everyone is welcome here, the site started as a JW site and now is mostly XJWS. JWS are cautioned not to hang out on these sites so u won't find any actual approved jws sites. U might look at the "Best of" section on the opening page and read a bit. If I was thinking of dedicating my life to a religion, I'd try and find out a lot about it.

weds

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hi Yvonne -

Welcome to JWD. I've only been here for a few months.

Raised in 'the truth' and baptized in 1974. I have been inactive for over a decade now and finally found a group of people who I feel I truly relate to.

All people are welcome here. Witnesses, non-witnesses, ex-witnesses and just casually interested persons.

Most of the posters seem to be ex-witnesses.

Feel free to say what ever is on your mind. I am sure you will get many responses from people of all sorts of JW background.

Again, welcome to the Board.

-Aude Sapere (Latin for: Dare to Know; Dare to have knowledge/wisdom)

• glitter
    glitter

Don't worry who were are, what we think - or who you are and what you think. You are welcome here!

• fairchild
    fairchild

Oh-oh. Yvonne, I came to this site pretty much with the same intentions as you, to meet other JW's and find some fine encouragement. I stopped my bible study about two weeks after registering here and stopped going to the meetings shortly after that.

If you are happy with what you learn and your heart truly tells you that serving Jehovah under supervision of the WTS is what you want to do, then don't read any more on this site. However, do understand that studying with JW's is like walking along very carefully mapped - out roads. Exploring the sideroads that are not on your map is strongly discouraged. Only do it should you feel the need to.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Hi Yvonne and welcome.

Before dedicating yourself to "Jehovah's Organization" please do your homework.

Read up on JW's and their belief's:

If you have children and one of them were in a life or death situation needing blood - would you deny your child a blood transfusion? If you give them life, blood, you will be disowned by these wonderful God loving people.

If you do become baptized and your children become baptized; if at some point your child decides that they are preaching false testament and decides to stop going are you prepared to turn your back on your child due to disfellowshipment?

Are you prepared to survive Armageddon when the only ones living will be ones that are JW?s? If your family do not participate in the ?love? and ?truth? of the JW?s are you willing to lose them due to their own religious beliefs?

Are you ready to be told what you can and cannot read? Listen to? Attend? Type of car to drive? How to dress? If you are married and your spouse enters ?the truth? with you are you willing to let him be the head of household ? meaning everything he says goes and you do not have the right to disagree? If you have children are you ready to have them ridiculed at school for not celebrating holidays, not participating in sports, not having any friends that are not JW?s?

Are you ready to have your life completely evolve around these people?

Think carefully before you connect completely with this religion.

If you have doubts about an issue you are studying about ASK ASK ASK questions. Read the scriptures they give you, read them again and read the verses surrounding the scripture.

If you have a concern or a question Blondie ? a very knowledgeable lady on this board ? can give you the JW version and any contradiction that the Bible may have on the subject.

And last, are you ready to give up the Internet ? in particularly this website ? due to apostasy?

More than ever before, do your homework before committing.

Deborah

(Raised a JW. Will never return to JW land even at the cost of ?losing? my mom, my sister, nieces and nephew and cousins.)

• Valis
    Valis

www.silentlambs.org Sexual Abuse

www.ajwrb.org Death Due to Blood Doctrine

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/ Wacky quotes from their own publications...I urge you to check out the sections on their view of women from the inception of their organization. Plus their thoughts on minorities. if all those things they have come up with are a divine channel then divinity has a little to be desired.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• steve2
    steve2

Yvonne,

Welcome. The Witnesses with whom you are studying may well be disappointed in you for not asking them before you registered on this forum. One of the basic requirements of being a witness is to avoid any independent thinking or behaviour. This does not look promising: Your taking the initiative and trusting that your independent behaviour will be positively reinforced. One "downfall" of your taking the initiative is that it may now be harder to swallow everything the Witnesses tell you. Then again, you could save yourself a lot of painful experiences by finding out about the Watchtower before you get drawn in any more. I wish you well in your journey, whether we hear from you again or not.

steve2

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello and welcome Yvonne,

I, like many here, have decades of experience as a JW. Ten years in the fultime work, most at the headquarters (Bethel) and about 30 years as an elder, most of that time as the presiding overseer.

I at one time would have warned others that listening to those who have a different perspective could be dangerous. But then I finally realized that ANY TIME someone tells us not to listen to another perspective or evidence that conflicts with what is being conveyed a RED flag should go up in our minds. I hope you stick around, learn and make friends.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit