Only Jehovah's Witnesses

by Yvonne A 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome, and please, pay attention to what you read here.

• holly
    holly

Hello Yvonne and Welcome

I, like you am studying with a jw. i have been for the last 18 months and i have been to a few meetings. i joined this site because a friend sent me some information on brainwashing. damn cheek i thought at the time. but that friend told me to be objective and look at things from all angles. i realised if i didnt, then i could be classed as being brainwashed. I was warned by jws about checking out these sites. was told they were full of apostates who would do anything to ruin Jehovas reputation, that they were full of lies, twisted and bitter (sorry you guys). anyway, i still thought it in my best interests to check. didnt know what to expect so lurked around for a couple of weeks, looking at what was said.

instead of seeing bitter twisted people just out to ruin Jehovas name, i found people with some pretty tough experiences, people with all sorts of backgrounds and tales to tell. Normal, ordinary people. many of whom just have a bad, or many bad experiences of being involved with jws.

check it out for yourself. only you can decide. i was planning on being baptised in april. that wont be happening now. i dont know if it will happen at all. i cant say yet. its early days. watch this space............

hope you enjoy this forum as much as me. there are people on here with a wealth of knowledge if you have a question - im not one of them! but ive asked many questions, and everyone has been answered. its a great laugh. im sure you will love it.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Welcome.

I am an ex-JW who posts here.

I have friends and familiy who are JW.

I chose not to a JW for a number of reasons, one of which the way my mother is treated.

My mother escaped an abusive JW marriage. The JWs did not want her to leave my dad, the abusive mate. When she did leave, they would not let her have a 'scriptual divorce,' so she was forced to stay single......alone forever because my dad would never 'set her free.'

After living alone for some time, she met a man, fell in love, got married and was Disfellowshipped. Now my sister, her own daughter, will not speak to her or let her see her grandkids. My mom's best friend since kindergarten shuns her. The pain is unbelievable.

At first, she planned to get reinstated. And she tried. But the Jehovah's witnesses hurt her too much. They showed her no love. No kindness. No mercy. She realized that the JWs are not God's organization because they do not have the fruits of the spirit. It is all fake. She could not endure going to the hall for each meeting and being treated as if she were DEAD. No one should have to endure such emotional abuse. GOD certainly does not require emotional abuse to be endured or dished out by His followers. So now she does not want to be a part of that religion any more.

Be careful. Once you get baptised, the penalty for going against the millions of JW rules is to be treated as if you were DEAD. It is unnatural and wrong to treat people as if they were dead and it hurts to do so. It violates most people's conscience. You will be required to do so if you are a JW. Also, YOU could sin and be treated that way. You can't imagine the pain.

You just can't imagine.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

how did I get all these re-posts?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

oops!

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL Lisa, repetition-for-emphasis! I never paid much attention to your mother's story, sorry if I let it slip through the first time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, holly. That is a big turnaround from a few days ago. I am glad you are enjoying your time around the forum.

• holly
    holly

Yeah I know, so much warmth and laughter here i figured you lot were human after all, and not the devils spawn as id been led to believe.

if i get anywhere near a baptismal, it will certainly be with my eyes wide open (figuratively speaking of course)

time will tell, but for now, this is fun. i will have my kids reporting me to the bods at the kh soon, just so they can get the computor back!!

• blondie
    blondie

Hi, holly. Are there any questions you have put to the JWs studying with you that they have danced around; avoided answering directly?

Blondie

• holly
    holly

havent seen the woman i study with since i started posting on here. but i see her on Tuesday, and have a long list...........

1914 and 1975 for starters, i know there are other dates i cant remember them

changes in baptism questions

not being allowed to ask questions without fear of disfellowshipping

disfellowshipping in general - sounds awful, especially friends and family not being allowed to talk - tragic

etc etc etc. dont think i will get much time for studying anything on the next study visit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit