Only Jehovah's Witnesses

by Yvonne A 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

I've gotten to where I figure it's a waste of time to talk to people once I figure out they've either been hit by an eighteen wheeler or their just dummer than a frickin stick. If their dummer than a fricken stick and never learn a damn thing from others, I guess at least those looking in might learn something....so it make it worth it. I'll shut up on this one though cuz I'm like REAL close to calling this dipshit a bad name.

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie
    : "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."—1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

If you want to know the real reason that the witnessdefender is throwing 14 paragraphs around a simple statement that even my 7 year old can understand then I'll let ya know, just ask....

Brummie

• gumby
    gumby
    "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."?1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

A witness could argue that the word "men" is not all inclusive. They could use the last of the scripture quoted as proof. Christ gave a corresponding ransom for "all" .......or "all" who would put faith in him and believe in him?

The foundation is where the argument needs to be attacked from and that is the idea of "two classes".(folds). If any honest person reads the N.T. without Watchtower propaganda as an aid, they'll never see anything that even comes close to hinting at "two classes" of christians. An alcoholic came up with that idea in 1935 A.D.

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

What a witness cannot argue is that the the words featured in brackets should not be there! Of course they have to insert them otherwise they cannot interject themselves into the line of salvation. We no longer need ONE mediator but we also need *the agency*, which coincidently has a membership whose names include, charles T russel, J Rutherford, F Franz....

Jesus Christ is the foundation cornerstone and all of the true followers anointed with Gods Spirit are the superstructure built upon him to form a living house in which God can dwell by His spiritit is THROUGH THE AGENCY of this spiritual temple that ALL mankind must henceforth render acceptable worship to God. (Watchtower 15/12/1961, p748)

Compare Bible applied to Christ

for there is one God and ONE mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus. 1 st Timothy 2;5

*One* mediator or an *agency* of men? Yvonne and the witness defender appear to be making wrong choices, but I guess we all did in the past.

Brummie

• under74
    under74

Brummie did you see the thread from yvonne titled SORRY?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie did you see the thread from yvonne titled SORRY?

Oh yeah, I've been a sleep since then so I forgot about that, doh. Anyway, I'm looking for the witnessdefender to also post his sorry...lol Brummie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    BTW,I'm not a Witness either

If only I had a dollar for every time a JW apolagist came here and said that, I'd have enough money to buy me some suplus Kingdum Halls

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Witnessdefence: You owe Glitter an apology.

You are not a jw, then what are you? What dealings with them do you have and most of all, why are you here?

I just stopped studying a couple months ago after deciding baptism was not for me, and YES they do teach that they are the mediator between Jehovah, Jesus and those of us on earth. I don't need any of their literature up here to prove that!!!! I know what horseshit has been fed to me all this time.

• holly
    holly

well things certainly hotted up on here didnt they! I switched on and thought, how on earth did this get over 100 replies. Now I see.

Witnessdefence - why are you being so defense of witnesses if you arent one?

Also, jws DO think they are the only ones who will survive at Armageddon because i have asked today - and yes they do believe that. everyone else will apparently die. but if anyone isnt a witness and die before armageddon, then they could be resurrected. can you explain?

and they do think they are a spirit directed org, bec it is in the baptism questions. but when i asked today, i was told they are ordinary men who are not spirit directed.

please dont think we are all those horrible things you say. lots of people like me have been searching for the truth for a long time.

If you are not a witness, did you just come on here to wind everyone up? well you certainly did that. i thought that was unscriptural too.

I hope you are still reading all these Yvonne. your post has certainly caused a stir.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I can see that some people would rather believe the WTS than the scriptures when it comes to who Jesus is the mediator for. All I can say is that when I was a JW, I was clearly and directly taught at the meetings that Jesus is the mediator ONLY for the 144,000, and that we "great crowd" members would only benefit indirectly from his ransom sacrifice, and ONLY thru the applying of the merits of that sacrifice to us by and through the 144,000. That's what I was taught by the JWs. For YEARS.

Love, Jaypeeto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit