Say Something Jehovah's Witnessy........

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Jehovah always provides such wonderful food at the proper time.

Best quote ever though was from my mother, she was complaining about needing some financial help and I said to her something about having a career and she told me that Jehovah has always provided for her and she didn't NEED my help, if she was starving Jehovah might even send her "potatoes from heaven" ... I think she was meaning like manna from heaven, but for some reason she really does believe that potatoes might rain down from heaven if she's starving. Of course one might hit her in the head, but let's not think rationally about that.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

"It is the end of the month. Be sure and turn in your time."

Steve

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

LOL - I love threads like this!

How about - 'Buying out the opportune time' " I haven't seen So and So for a while, I think they have, (cue hushed tones), fallen away "

FF

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

"Hi Sister ShortofTime. I just wanted to tell you that we missed you at the meetings lately!"

Country Girl

• Brummie
    Brummie

You get a "g" for gestures..

You're worst enemy in the truth is better than you're best friend in the world...

"John 17:3"

Good morning, I would like to draw you're attention to the question posed on the front of this magazine..

"Some of the anointed will survive into the next system and tread their enemies underfoot like chaff"

The day of Jah is ever nearer

Lets watch how we walk

Are you baptised?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

No kids...you cannot play with so and so...he's worldly and he doesn't serve the true God Jehovah. Now let's sit down and play some Bible games and then we can study for the meeting and on and on and on and on......

Cathy L.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My friends and I are calling on you and your neighbors.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

"how long have you been in the Truth?"

What a pious,sanctimonious,self righteous expression "THE truth " is

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Actual quote to me from an elder: "Your comments are too wordy. You might make friends who aren't as knowledgable as you feel bad. You might want to 'dumb it down' some." (Translation: "You might want to..." politely do what I tell you to do without complaint.)

Another actual quote from a different elder: "You could do much more good as an elder. Of course, you'll have to conform to the rules." Guess I messed up there, huh?

General ones: "Have you considered reaching out?" "I noticed you've been missing a lot of meetings. Is everything okay?"

• under74
    under74

I can't, it's against my religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit