And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shamus:
    I think the scripture you're looking for is:

Joh 15:26 KJV - "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

But that would be a scripture directed at Christians not the whole world, nor does it have any bearing on "end-times prophecy" as you rightly suggested.

Nor does it have anything to do with the spurious interpretation of 1 John 5:8, that you see above, nor wild beasts, harlots, or a pile of other things. But I'm preaching to the choir...

Michelle:
    The only thing that you've said on this thread that makes any sense is:

you believe what you want to believe, I believe what I want to believe.

Personally I'm quite happy for you to have your own pet theories, but to tout them in public as being God-inspired truth...
    ...well, ex-JW's (especially) have bitten that particular poisoned carrot before.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Little Toe,

For you were like sheep going astray......

love michelle

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Baaah!

At least I'm certain of my shepherd...

• gumby
    gumby
    For you were like sheep going astray......

You just watch and see.....every one of those sheep will walk into that lighning cloud and get wet and shocked cuz their too damn stupid to learn anything!

Myelaine....it's people like you on this board who give people a bad taste in their mouth concerning what christianity is suppose to mean. You constantly defy jesus own words in your judgemental comments to other believers. Why do you resist the spirit so strongly?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And that may be part of where the discernment comes in

Mat 24:15, 16 NWT "Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Myelaine:

I've been missing from this thread for a while but I've just read Gretchen's comment about your claim regarding the "interpretation' of 1 John 5:8 and I must agree with her when she refutes it:

1 John 5:8

And there are three that bear witness on earth:

the spirit,(you---your heart, concious)

the water,(your mind)

the blood,(your flesh)

What are YOU going to do about it?

This scripture doesn't say that every person on earth has god's spirit. Talk about reading a lot in! Plus, who told you that the spirit means me my heart and my conscious? or that the water is my mind? or that the blood was the flesh?

Like the WTS you seem to want to reinvent plainly stated words of scripture.

1 John 5 speaks of the Holy Spirit, Jesus' baptism, then his shedding of his blood in death. These three then are re-stated in verse 8. What's to interpret? It's plainly stated.

your giving new meaning to each of these words is also without foundation or corroboration in scripture. Frankly, why bother? The word as it stands suffices.......doesn't it?

Ozzie

• myelaine
    myelaine

ozziepost,

1 John 5:6-13

6- The Holy Spirit bears witness to the truth of Jesus.

7- The three that bear witness in heaven are one

8- The three that bear witness on earth agree as one

9- He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself

This is assurance of salvation, the witness(agreement) of the Holy Spirit in the believer (on earth), not in Christ.

*Christ, The Word is one of the three listed in heaven, they are ONE

What is it that the Holy Spirit witnesses to so that you will agree that Jesus is the Christ? Your heart, your mind and your spirit or concious.Where does this agreement take place?Earth

13- These things I have written to you who believe......

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

shamus,

Hebrews11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please Him,for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently see Him.

Acts 10:34

Then Peter said: In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality

Psalm 28:4 Give to them according to their deeds.....Render to them what they deserve.(this can be said of believers or unbelievers) Why? Psalm 58:11 So that men will say, "Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth."

Romans 12:6

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophesy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith

Hebrews 11:7

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with Godly fear, preparing an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemed the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

Please don't give up on God, shamus.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

shamus,

Romans 1:17 God is revealed *****from***** faith.

Romans 8:27 The Holy Spirit searches for that faith.

Isaiah 44:3

Acts 10:24-25 worshiping Peter, the "gift" guy to the gentiles.

Gentiles that includes all of the "apostles of Christ", all believers.

Acts 2:17-21 but especially verse 17.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out My Spirit on ****ALL **** flesh.

that seems to include everyone. The believers would be given the reward or gift of faith. which could be any of the gifts given Acts 2:4

God is revealed from faith. He will not be revealed to you if you have no faith in Him.

love michelle

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about this one?

Acts 2 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit