And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tex / Ozzie:Glenmorangie!!!

CR:Bussed?
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with taht expression, so you'll have to explain - LOL
    (((hugs)))

• myelaine
    myelaine

LT & BT,

I've provided scripture to help you see what I'm saying. I would like to provide my interpretation of the scriptures for you, but, please don't think I'm stating anything new, like doctrines. O.K.?

Romans 1:17 God is revealed FROM faith, God determines real faith not us.

Romans 8:27 The HS searches the earth for people with faith. Why? To reward them in some way. It could be as simple as an answered prayer(which isn't simple actually)LOL

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

****Isaiah 44:3 We are told that in the future, God will at some point pour our His HS on the decendants of Israel.

Acts 10:22 Angel visits Cornelius(the gentile)

Acts 10:24 The nest day Peter clearly has something "special" going on that wasn't there the previous day, the gentile was worshipping him. Weird? Then he starts his ministry, and giving out gifts as per Isaiah 44:3

Acts 2:17 God says He will pour out His Spirit on ***ALL*** flesh in the last days, for believers this would mean all the gifts available at Pentecost.

Then I restate----Romans 1:17 God is revealed FROM faith, He will not be revealed where there is no faith, He decides what real faith is.

I hope this helps establish a "time line" as to why we may expect "gifts" at this time, they are promised in the Word of God.

love michelle

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Michelle,

I'm wondering were you at one time a JW?? If so, you've experienced a very great change, eh? Kinda like HS being poured out, perhaps?

Cheers, ozzie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Michelle:I'm wondering along the lines of Ozzie, and from that perspective I have to say that you will probably find that your doctrines will change radically over the next little while.
    Currently they seem to be going through some "Old Testament" stages, with a big mix of disparate texts.
    If you give it time it will settle, but meanwhile try not to come over as too dogmatic, huh?

Would you oblige us by telling a little about your personal story?

Every blessing,
    Ross.

• myelaine
    myelaine

1 Peter 1:5-12

To those who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time . In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love, though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith-the salvation of your souls.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and search diligently, who prophesied of the GRACE THAT WOULD COME TO YOU, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand he sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, BUT TO US ,THEY WERE MINISTERING THE THINGS WHICH NOW HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO YOU through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven- things which angels desire to look into.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie,

Somewhere over the rainbow
    Way up high,
    There's a land that I heard of
    Once in a lullaby.

Actually this is theologically debatable

It a lullaby it's soft sweet go to sleepy pie music and lyric. Surely you jest.

Yes Frankie, I was jesting, its orthadox and really isnt debateble at all ;)

Brummie

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

LT: bussed = kissed. You posted a kissy faced icon in your response to me.

Now I thought that term was from the UK...now I have to go figure out where it's from.

Edited: from www.dictionary.com

buss (btr. & intr.v. bussed, buss·ing, buss·es
    To kiss.
    n.
    A kiss.

[Possibly blend of obsolete bass (akin to French baiser ), obsolete cuss (akin to Middle English kissen , to kiss. See kiss) or from Scottish Gaelic bus , lips, mouth. See puss 2 .]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

bussed

Buss \Buss\ (b[u^]s), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bussed (b[u^]st); p. pr. & vb. n. Bussing.] To kiss; esp. to kiss with a smack, or rudely. ``Nor bussed the milking maid.'' --Tennyson.

Kissing and bussing differ both in this, We buss our wantons, but our wives we kiss. --Herrick.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    1 Peter 1:5-12

To those who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time . In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love, though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith-the salvation of your souls.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and search diligently, who prophesied of the GRACE THAT WOULD COME TO YOU, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand he sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, BUT TO US ,THEY WERE MINISTERING THE THINGS WHICH NOW HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO YOU through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven- things which angels desire to look into.

the point is?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Brummie,

Yes Frankie, I was jesting, its orthadox and really isnt debateble at all ;)

Brummie

You know the more I think about it your right it is theologically debatable.

• myelaine
    myelaine

ozziepost,

I will let the scriptures speak for themselves. I am just a messenger.

I believe the HS has come over me, and this is what I am to tell you.

Rev. 18:4

And I heard another voice out of heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit