And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy

AMEN

• Pole
    Pole

I've noticed there is at least one fallacy that all religiously delusional individuals share. They believe to own the best or sometimes even the only true interpretation of the scritpures or another source of revelation, right?

Now, they have no efficient means of spreading the word, but they don't consider it to be a problem. They preach with the delusion that the few people they get to talk to and share the God-given truths with, represent the whole mankind.

Delusion of grandeur.

I think this thread is the only one on which you're going to get that much publicity. Keep it alive while you can. Very few of the posters who've seen your posts on this thread will take your next threads seriously.

And for the remaining 99.99999999999999999999% of mankind your precious insights will go unnoticed. And your God doesn't seem to give a d about it. He'll just proceed with Armageddon.

• myelaine
    myelaine

1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
    6 Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
    8 Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have become kings--and that without us! How I wish that you really had become kings so that we might be kings with you! 9 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to men. 10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Up to this moment we have become the scum of the earth, the refuse of the world.
    14 I am not writing this to shame you, but to warn you, as my dear children. 15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 17 For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
    18 Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have. 20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 21 What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit?

1 Corinthians 5

Expel the Immoral Brother!

1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature [1] may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
    6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
    9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
    12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [2]

• myelaine
    myelaine

1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, AND COMMANDING to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Does anyone you know tell people that only the "Elect" are the bride of Christ? Would you say that you would therefore be forbidden to marry?

Does anyone you know tell people that the "Emblems" are only for the "Elect"? Would you say that you are asked to abstain from this food? Does anyone you know tell people to abstain from all good things received from God. Things which God created to be received with thanksgiving. Things such as, the Blood of Christ to wash away sins, birthdays, all holidays, fellowship with family and all other men on the face of the earth.

Who tells you these things? These are them that depart from the faith, they deceive with doctrines of demons,

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive her plagues. For her sins have reached up to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Michelle:
    You're displaying ignorance of the worst possible kind.
    Hopefully it'll be the last time I post to this thread, because it truly doesn't deserve to be at the top of the active list.
    It's turned into a session for spamming with bible verses that have no relation to one another.

I also suspect that it wont be long before your account is deleted, because you aren't contributing anything to this site at all far less anything useful or theraputic, neither are you discussing anything far less anything JW related.

Bye bye, it was nice meeting you...

• avishai
    avishai

How about you email Jcanon or Ewatchman, two other self professed xjw prophets?

Go peddle crazy somewhere else, we're full up here!

• myelaine
    myelaine

You're displaying ignorance of the worst possible kind.
    Hopefully it'll be the last time I post to this thread, because it truly doesn't deserve to be at the top of the active list.
    It's turned into a session for spamming with bible verses that have no relation to one another.

Dear Little Toe,

I have to disagree with you on two points. I am not ignorant, nor am I displaying ignorance. I am quoting scripture that is all related to the END TIMES PROPHESY.

In the end times the harlot will be identified, and destroyed

In the end times the apostles of Christ will be given rewards or the gift to preach the Gospel

In the end times God will try and test his apostles, to be sure they are walking in FAITH. Why test our faith?

Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

In the end time, why does the harlot need to be identified? So the apostles can get God's people out of her, before He destroys her in judgement.

michelle

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree with Little Toe. What, Michelle, you think we don't have bibles? What you are doing is called spam. Matthew 7:6. This is my last post on this thread.

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

jgnat...

Doesn't this sucks for those of us that are Canadians? It sure is hard to hold our head up when fellow Canadians clog up a perfectly good discussion with meaningless dribble.

sigh....

NO... denial

• myelaine
    myelaine

What is to discuss? No one has said they agree with me, on the contrary, I've been called by you "nuts". People call the Lord's words dribble, they call me a blasphemer. Few can even see any correlation between the scriptures I'm using? But you want ME to discuss? How about this...

This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him,

If we endure, we shall also reign with Him,

If we deny Him, He will also deny us.

If we are faithless,

He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings, for they will increase more ungodliness. And their message will spread like a cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. + For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrines, but according to their own desires, BECAUSE they have itching ears; they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Nevertheless, the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His, and, let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit