And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear Little Toe,

When they don't, is it because they don't hear the Spirit or don't hear you?

To answer your question, it could be both at the same time.

Is that persecution, or sense prevailing?

Either way it could be that you don't hear the Spirit.

1 Peter 3:4

But LET IT BE the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible ornament of a GENTLE AND QUIET spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

love michelle

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    When they don't, is it because they don't hear the Spirit or don't hear you?

Is that persecution, or sense prevailing?

Either way it could be that you don't hear the Spirit.

Michelle,

Frankly this sounds irrational! It reminds me of the occasion (Pentecost 33AD) when Peter stood up and said that the disciples were not drunk as had been suggested. I'm not suggesting you have had a similar experience but the reaction of your hearers is similar, don't you think?

Also, to be frank, beware that you don't stand in the position of Christ - that would be blasphemy.

Ozzie

• Undecided
    Undecided

If God was trying to give us infomation about the end times, why becloud it in so much mystery that it couldn't be understood? If he was going to reveal the understanding of it by HS why write it down many years ago, just reveal it directly to all now in understandable words so it couldn't be interpreted by so many nuts.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Myelaine, I am speaking to you:

1Co 14:5

(Darby)

Now I desire that ye should all speak with tongues, but rather that ye should prophesy. But greater is he that prophesies than he that speaks with tongues, unless he interpret, that the assembly may receive edification.

Mat 18:16

(Darby)

But if he do not hear thee , take with thee one or two besides, that every matter may stand upon the word of two witnesses or of three.

I also bear witness that your words are not from the Holy Spirit.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Myelaine,

Can I make a suggestion to you, if it doesn't offend you?

Put the Bible down for a week or so and go read the book titled "The Tao of Pooh". It is an assessment of the deeper teachings that A.A. Milne was trying to convey to humans when he wrote the "Winnie the Pooh" stories. It is an easy read and, unlike the Bible, it is almost impossible to interpret any of it with the FIRE AND BRIMSTONE crap found in the Bible. It will do your psyche good.

Honestly, no offense intended to you personally, but you really seem to want us to JUDGE humans with this weird, obscure, and NEVER interpreted with any absolute certainty stuff written in the Bible. I, for one, refuse to get involved.

B.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm just glad I don't post what the spirit inside my head tells me to write......I'd be suspended in no time!

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now Gumby, you must be suffering so much to have a spirit in your head. You poor thing!

Have you taken anything for it?

Ozzie (of the upside down class)

• myelaine
    myelaine

Rev.2:18-29

"And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,

"These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

I know your works, love , service, faith and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and beguile My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immoratity, and she did not repent.

Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultry with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.

And I will kill her children with death. And all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. But to you I say, and to all the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they call them, I will put on you no other burden.

But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations-

He shall rule them with a rod of iron; As the potter's vessels shall be broken to pieces'- as I also have received from My Father; and I will give him the morning star. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

2 Peter 1:19-21

We also have the prophetic word made more sure, which you do well to heed as a LIGHT THAT SHINES IN A DARK PLACE, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;

knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophesy never came by the will of man, but men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit

2 Peter 2:1-3

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgement has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Myelaine,

Sweetie!! You're gonna develop an aneurism. Lighten up on the Bible prophecies and stuff. Read "The Tao of Pooh" or some other spiritual book other than the Bible, just for a change of pace......

IMO, everbody should get their spiritual enlightenment from many sources, not just one.

B.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Michelle:
    Have you ever heard of the word "Exegesis"?
    Your consistency, in missapplication of scripture, is astounding!

So, you've been asked this before, but I'll ask it again:
    Have you previously posted on this board, under another screen-name?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit