And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

Rev. 17-18

verse 18

And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has told you for years that Christ has received his kingdom in heaven. They are the only one's entrusted with this truth. Honestly.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I'm not sure I understand your point, are you saying the WTS is right or wrong.

What does Rev 17:18 have to do with Christ's rule?

Thanks.

• myelaine
    myelaine

City Fan,

I haven't said. You decide.

michelle

Rev.18:17

....And every ship captain and every man that voyages anywhere, and sailors and all those that make a living by the sea, stood at a distance.

Where are the Headquarters situated?

Who has the "Golden Cup" of the elect?

Who really benefits from the work the witnesses do?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dear Myelaine,

you said:

I haven't said. You decide.
    regarding the Watchtower's teaching on Revelation. But this is a discussion board and the WT is not going to come here and discuss it with us. How can we discuss it with you unless you give us your opinion? Jst2laws
  • myelaine
    myelaine

This is a MYSTERY people.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Michelle,

This is a MYSTERY people

Just as Daniel is an apocalyptic book denouncing Antiochus Epiphanes and the Greek persecution of the Jews around 167 BC, the book of Revelation is an apocalyptic denouncing the second Roman persecution of Christians under Emperor Domitian around 93 AD.

Revelation borrows much of the imagery from Daniel and other apocalyptic books, e.g. beasts to describe Rome and it's Emperors. It's no real surprise that Rome is described as Babylon the Great, as the Romans under Titus had destroyed the second temple in 70AD just as the Babylonians had destroyed the first temple in 587/586 BC. Rome was a much larger Empire than Babylon had ever been.

And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth

Doesn't it make more sense to interpret this verse as referring to Rome especially when earlier she is described as sitting on 7 mountains. 1 Peter 5:13 is also be a reference to show that Rome was termed 'Babylon' by Jewish/Christian writers.

The number of the beast 'six hundred and sixty six' has been shown by scholars to be Caesar Neron in Hebrew numerology or 'gematria'. The number '616' in some manuscripts is Caesar Nero in Latin, which doubly confirms that this number refers to Nero. It was a man's number. (compare 2 Thessalonians 2:3).

Remember Nero to the Christians was like Hitler was to the Jews. He blamed Christians for the fire of Rome, and persecuted and killed them from 64 AD till his death in 68 AD. Even then rumours and legends grew that the beast Nero would return. The Nero Redivivus myths grew and became part of early Christian writings.

The second persecution occurred during the last years of the reign of Domitian, 93 - 96 AD when the book of Revelation was probably written. Writer Eusebius states that "he (Domitian) showed himself the successor of Nero in emnity and hostility to God. He was, in fact, the second to organise persecution against us."

Here's a link to a page which discusses the Nero Redivivus legend: http://www.wcg.org/lit/bible/Rev/rev13beasts.htm

Now, how do you interpret those verses?

CF.

• myelaine
    myelaine

To identify Babylon, go to Genesis 10:8. We meet Nimrod, the apostate The word Babel means "Gate of God" Nimrods generation built the tower of Babel to reach to God and remove His influence from the earth. Their tower was to reach to heaven to have the benefits of God without submitting to God. God struck Babel and confused the languages, scattered the people of the earth. Babylon the Great is the greatest apostacy. She is here in the end times. Her people are of one tongue or accord, at the "mercy" of the Harlot. The Harlot takes away the peoples access to the blood of Jesus. The Harlot has witnesses of Jesus working for her around the world and at a "millstone". Babylon the Great has merchants world wide of many tongues selling the Harlots wares.The Harlot has ten kings, with no kingdon as yet.. (unseen/unproven?) Babylon, the city was the mother of all spiritual adultery, Babylon the Great is the worst of spiritual adultry, she will be destroyed. The scriptures in revelation have a message for today, thats why the are prophetic. to help us, to warn us. It is not just an unusual, highly suggestive history lesson.

michelle

How many men are on the GB NOW ? Are there 12 as in the apostles or are there less than twelve? Are there ten maybe?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

myelaine,

Did you not read what City Fan wrote? It's very frustrating trying to have a debate with someone who's wearing blinkers.

• myelaine
    myelaine

funkyderek,

blinkers? I'd say that was a good thing.

michelle

Also, The merchants selling the Harlots wares are "devastated when the Harlot is destroyed" because they no longer are able to sell her wares. The merchants that got rich off of her are devastated also. The Harlots SINS have reached up to heaven.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    blinkers? I'd say that was a good thing.

I really have no response to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit