If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess
    It is my understanding that God cannot live beside sin, therefore the very monent there was dissension amongst the angels, He had to get them the heck out of there. Thus Evil on earth and in (our "limited" concept of) heaven was "born"

Can you back that up with scripture? Didn't Satan and his demons/angels (whatever) live in heaven before God threw them to the earth?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes, I seem to recall a scripture where Satan goes before the throne of Jehover and they have a little conversation.

• Princess
    Princess

Right Elsewhere, I remember.

Does anyone else feel like we are God's own little video game? When I was discussing the garden of eden story with my son, he wanted to know why god didn't just kill them all and start over. I thought about the WTS reply of how the angels were watching and would forever question god's sovereignty, blah blah blah. That really doesn't work, does it? He could just wipe the slate clean and start over. Besides, if I were an angel and watched god destroy those who questioned his right to rule, I'd come to the conclusion that it was his right after all.

So what the hell is the point of the story?

• dh
    dh

if you believe the bible's account of things, god is the killer, the villain, the one who caused all of this by the fact that he started it and let it go on, and manipulated it to fail, if you feel the need to blame, and if you go back far enough, there is only one source where everything came from, and that's god, satan is like any of us, he saw that the machine he was born in was flawed, and got the hell out of there.

dh of 'god does his best work in the name of satan, satan does his best work in the name of god.' class

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    When I was discussing the garden of eden story with my son, he wanted to know why god didn't just kill them all and start over.

I used to wonder that too. I even considered the possibility that this had already happened and we were the second (or subsequent) attempt. Maybe God had tried it a few times and could never get it to work properly.

I thought about the WTS reply of how the angels were watching and would forever question god's sovereignty, blah blah blah. That really doesn't work, does it? He could just wipe the slate clean and start over. Besides, if I were an angel and watched god destroy those who questioned his right to rule, I'd come to the conclusion that it was his right after all.

That doesn't work very well, because in the end, it seems God is just going to rule by force anyway and destroy any who continue to question his right to rule. He could have done it thousands of years ago.

So what the hell is the point of the story?

To give hope to people with short, miserable lives. To keep people from questioning authority. To explain why life is so unfair.

• Princess
    Princess

Ah, it all makes sense now. thanks funkyd.

• undercover
    undercover
    That doesn't work very well, because in the end, it seems God is just going to rule by force anyway and destroy any who continue to question his right to rule. He could have done it thousands of years ago.

But, but, but...that doesn't solve the issue of God's sovereignty.

Oh wait, God would have wiped everybody out, who would know?? Duh.

I'm starting to get a headache.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess in the end the details that don't make a lick of since don't really doesn't matter 'cause Jesus Loves You!

Oh, and Jesus says: "It's alllll goooood!"

*** Puckering up with my camera ready ***

Hey Princess, I don't think that last pic turned out... lets try that again!

• Princess
    Princess

Exactly. So, possibly he did do that over and over again and finally said F*** It...and so the Genesis account is recorded.

*** Puckering up with my camera ready ***

Hey Princess, I don't think that last pic turned out... lets try that again!

Sure Else, but Steve wants to go first...close your eyes...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey who to say maybe Jehovah has wiped out billions apon billions of A E & Satans and so this time hes trying something new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit