If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

"I inferred it"

doesn't the bible forbid going beyond what is written and just making up stuff sorta like FILL IN THE BLANKS

didnt the same bible say in rev NOT TO ADD ANYTHING--

so yes the poster did INFER it, but as a result just broke BIBLE RULE 101,

• JT
    JT

(This bit was no doubt written by some Catholic monk in a monastery, who had never had children.)

TOO FUNNY

• myelaine
    myelaine

JT,

I am sure God wanted to teach Adam and Eve the difference between good and evil in his own time. Satan pushed the time forward.

I was specifically told to reason on the scriptures. Ec.7:25.

I reasoned, I saw the logic and then inferred that this may have happened. Why did I infer this? Based on my experience as a parent, children must experience to learn. I can teach them and guide them and protect them "smother" them with love even, but at some point they will foresake my knowledge. God is the Father in the Bible picture, a first time father we are told.

I inferred, and then I blabbed my inferral all over the place. I was not adding to the Bible. You are very quick to point out things that are unscriptural, good for you.

michelle

• Valis
    Valis
    but at some point they will foresake my knowledge

well would you then foresake them? Not a very loving parent if your answer is yes...You help your children overcome problems, not pile new ones on them. As well, would you let a dangerous animal or a sexual predator around your children? The bible god left his brand new earthly creations without any protection from the nastiest being around...Then punished them. Bad parenting sounds like to me...

That is why I'm glad I don't believe in any of that horse crap.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• myelaine
    myelaine

Valis,

You don't believe in God because you think He is a bad parent?

• Valis
    Valis

I don't believe in god for a lot of reasons, but if we are going to use the concept of parenting as an analogy then yeah. And we could also talk about killing one child for the "sins" of another, but that's later in the bible I believe and also just as unacceptable to me.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• myelaine
    myelaine

hello....

Jesus is alive for ever and ever.....

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

You don't believe in God because you think He is a bad parent?

hello....

Jesus is alive for ever and ever.....

myelaine

God is the: Worst.Parent.Ever. If he's real, he should be turned into CPS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It's really funny how the mind works:

If a person believes in the Bible god,,all the clear evidence found from genesis to revelation that he is a cruel murderer can be rationalized away.

One reason for this is that the bible says a person has to have faith and beleive God to get everlasting life, that one must worship this God also and refrain from anything impious towards his character. So with the threat of eternal damnation hanging over the beleiver's head it causes him to still beleive this bible god to be the personification of love no matter what cruel things the bible claims he has done in the past. There is just too much at stake for the believer to look at the evidence unbiasedly.

The message from the bible about god is that he is one mean son of a bitch and you better be very careful around him because he takes no shit from anybody,,look at what happened to A & E even though they were ignorants,, not to mention their offspring who had nothing to do with what happened in eden. Urriah who tried to steady the arch with good intentions look how pissed jehovah got at him. The flood, sodom and gomorrah, the list goes on and on. Fear,, pure fear that's what keep these people from seeing the real jehovah.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Many "christian" religions have kept a strong hold on it people by instilling the "fear of God" in them some use hell fire,, the WT on the other hand uses a ruthlessly mean jehovah,, who will wipe out indiscriminately the whole human race, man, women, and children who are not JWs,,while at the same time claim god is love. This of course is a great big paradox,, but because this jehovah instills such fear in thier heart they can't think a negative thought about him,,lest they become his enemy and then he will be forced to destroy them for their lack of faith and devotion. It is a very cleaver way to enslave people.

The bible writers just like the writers of the WT have used this fear to control thinking. Another important tool to control thinking is the teaching that God reads hearts and that he will judge persons not just from the things done thru the body but by the secret desires of the heart,,this is a powerfull inducement not to even allow one sell to begin thinking anything negative about this mean old jehovah but only nice thoughts that speak well of god no matter how contradictory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit