If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've read the bible and I don't recall Satan himself actually ever doing anything evil or harmful... however I read many accounts where God killed or tormented countless thousands of people for arbitrary reasons.

Aside from prophecies where Jehover says that Satan will hurt people in the future (Hasn't happened yet, and no sign that it will happen), can anyone cite an example in the bible where Satan actually harmed anyone?

• myelaine
    myelaine

ELsewhere,

Satan brought God's wisdom into question. He personally misled the first couple, who were essentially children. They didn't even know the difference between good and evil.

michelle

• Aaac
    Aaac

One good example of this kind of thinking is this:

"Probably the Lord made some of the useful insects. No doubt the devil made some of the others. The Lord is the better architect..."

(C.J. Woodworth, "Forms of Insect Life," The Golden Age, Dec. 19, 1923, pp. 163, 164, 167, 168.)

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/insects.html

I laughed MAO when I foud this quote.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Why didn't Noah get those two mosquitoes?

• doogie
    doogie
    Satan brought God's wisdom into question.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't moses question the wisdom of god's direction to go before the pharoah? god must've learned to lighten up by then.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Satan did not mislead them... God mislead them.

• God told Adam and Eve that if they ate of the tree they would die that very same day.
    • Satan told them that if they ate of the tree that their eyes would be opened and they would possess the knowledge of good and evil.

When all was said and done, Adam and Eve did not die for hundreds of years and they did, in fact, gain the knowledge of good and evil. It sounds like God lied and Satan freed them from slavery to ignorance. God acted to punish them for this.

• God lied and then tormented the humans for discovering the lie.
    • Satan freed them and was punished for it.

In that situation, God caused all of the harm out of prideful and selfish vengeance.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You've got to be kidding! No, I guess you're not, simply performing for the gallery.

Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Why? Because of Satan and Adam and Eve.

Perform to the gallery all you like but it still won't alter the fact that Jesus died for you.

• doogie
    doogie

hmm...all i can say is that by the definitions of god and satan presented here in this thread, it would appear that satan has taken a far more active interest in the world today than god or jesus.

oh, one more thing...tolerance of viewpoints and beliefs has to go both ways.

just my 2 cents.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Why? Because of Satan and Adam and Eve.

Perform to the gallery all you like but it still won't alter the fact that Jesus died for you.

First you have to prove if any or all of them ever existed. Then we can talk facts.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

God had his own son tortured and then murdered in order to gain more "slaves" ("Slave" being the word used by God)

Sound evil to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit