If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Now to be fair and play, well, an advocate for the Devil

Maybe we should rename this thread, "Sympathy for the Devil".

(With apologies to Mick and Keith)

• Larry
    Larry

I don't believe in the god vs. satan struggle or the bible accounts, but if I did I would think like this?.

God has several genocides under his belt and Satan has none.

What happens when a man attempts a genocide, he's the epitome of evil - But if god does it successfully he's a 'loving god' and everybody wants to follow him.

Damn, god killed off the entire world except for Noah and his people - For what? For Noah, his people, and his off springs to act the same as the worldly folks that was killed off. What a major mistake that was.

Reminds me of the expressions "God is good" - Really? Good for what? Wanton killing.

"The Devil made me do it" - Do what? Act human.

God Bless - Larry :)

• Farkel
    Farkel

God has several genocides under his belt and Satan has none.

Talk about an understandment! He killed the whole freakin' PLANET and saved only 8 people, wiped out entire civilizations and used his main henchmen, Moses and Joshua to do a lot of his dirty work.

Farkel
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think we also need to look at this suposed truthful Genesis account this way: God is supposed to be all knowing right? Then why test the human's obeidence?? Since he knew it already to be flawed.

If God made humans ignorant of the harm that disobediance to him would cause them,, then why punish them when they disobey,,since that's the way you made them?? God gave them a brain that was not capible of making a good dissision in this obediance trial. According to the Genesis account A & E were stupid not evil,, they were fooled,,so why make everybody suffer? And then by way of extention why make billions of people suffer who had nothing to do with what happened in the garden of Eden?? And then to top it off make salvation only possible for A & E decendants who happen to be lucky enought to beleive in Jesus, because they some how were born into the religion or lived in a place that had christians that declared the Good News. This of coarse would leave out A & E decendants that were born into pagan families or had experienced violence from those that follow "chirst" and were not inclinded to except that Jesus was a savior and so thru no fault of their own would not ever get salvation.

It all makes no sense and sounds so phony.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I'm with Princess on this one. If God is "Love" and is suppose to be the example of love for all of us to imitate "as beloved children" then that would mean we should kill our offspring when they commit sin in ignorance unless they have an appropriate sacrifice to cover their sins.

Me too.

I can't believe the space on this thread used to debate a piece of fiction. Good grief!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Heathen said,

"...he was so was later rewarded with way more than he ever had in the end ."

Ummm... my point was/is this - in relation to Job.

You are not able to 'replace' children. According to the account of God 'rewarding' Job for being faithful... Job had more children to replace the ones that died.

Now... how is THAT supposed to work?

Oh gee Mrs. Job. Sorry that our other kids got killed. Let's forget about them though, God gave us 'new' kids. This is our reward.

Yeah, right. In a pigs' eye.

Based upon THAT logic - there is no need for a 'resurrection' that the JWs teach. Just have more kids to replace the ones that died. It makes it simpler for 'God', too.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Princess
    Princess

In fact, it looks like you are getting outta line on the board yourself little missy. Maybe I should tell Steve you are overdue for a good spanking

Don't make promises you don't intend to keep.

• undercover
    undercover
    why make everybody suffer? And then by way of extention why make billions of people suffer who had nothing to do with what happened in the garden of Eden??

Exactly. If God is God Almighty, creator of the universe, why does he need to prove his sovereignty by allowing 6000 years(WTS estimate) of misery? A powerful God would squash any rebellion pronto keeping order in his perfect universe.

Of course, if one of his creations was capable of rebelling then that calls into question just how perfect he was to begin with.

This whole thing is like watching a movie on time travel. You just can't make it work in your brain because it can't and didn't happen.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

According to Genesis jehovah's a real screwed up dude, that has a mean and nasty temper. He gets tired after only 6 days of work and needs to rest. Incest is acceptable (Lot and Abraham) Homosexuals cause God's wrath on whole cities to to be burned with fire which includeds innocent children(Sodom and Gomorah), No punishment for selling your brother into slavery, killing pagans throught deciet goes unpunished(Simon and Levi). He blesses some with riches while others he don't particularly care for he allows to starve.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok my two cents (or so)

Penny number one! The whole account is a myth the garden of eden existed no more than the white elephant that shat out the universe for the hindu's

Penny number two! The none of the threads that I've read have really hit this issue on the head

First there were TWO trees not one!

9 And out of the ground the LORD God made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

God told man not to eat of the tree of good and evil because if he did he would die THAT DAY

17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die

Then the serpent said!

4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die"

So the bottom line is that SATAN DIDN'T LIE! Eating the fruit of the tree of good and bad DID NOT KILL THEM! Gods refusing to allow them to continue to eat from the tree of LIFE killed them!

An aside, if I stand out by the street and watch a woman being dragged out of her car right next to me and raped and murdered and her body left in the gutter and I just stand there ten feet away smoking a cig and watching I will be guilty of a crime! I will go to jail! Don't believe it you better check your good samaritin statues in your state. God has stood by with the POWER TO STOP all the crimes in HISTORY he is absolutly the guiltiest POS in history (if he exist)

last thing this is what we should REALLY be debating!

14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

HOW THE F*CK DID HE GO BEFORE!!! HE'S A SNAKE RIGHT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit