If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In fact, it looks like you are getting outta line on the board yourself little missy. Maybe I should tell Steve you are overdue for a good spanking

Don't make promises you don't intend to keep.

Ok! It's on record! I'm not the one flirting with Princess!

(Princess, you can tell Steve that he has nothing to worry about if he see's me getting another kiss on the cheek from ya!)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Funkyderek- that was one of the best illustrations I have EVER read thanks very much

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

In fact, it looks like you are getting outta line on the board yourself little missy. Maybe I should tell Steve you are overdue for a good spanking

Ok! It's on record! I'm not the one flirting with Princess!

(Princess, you can tell Steve that he has nothing to worry about if he see's me getting another kiss on the cheek from ya!)

Flirting? Else, I'm completely innocent here

Princess

Now you keep waging that tongue at me and you may be prone to start snorting

...Yes, FD, that was a good illustration.

Being so good with illustrations, you must be "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived"

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

As if this hasn't been beat to death already......

God refuses to communicate with humans, YET allows Satan to speak, posses, trick and tempt people regularly.

God has 'myriads' of Angels at his disposal, but for some unknown reason, prevents them from interracting or intervening for the good of mankind YET Satan gets to unleash the demons.

God is the grandest mack-daddy killer of all time with one global genocide, multiple regional genocides and numerous murder spree's under his belt. Almost every one of these blood fests were with people who he made no effort to change or inform. Heck the people of Noah's day hadn't even broken one of his laws! But stay tuned, he's going for the record at Armageddon - the biggest whack-down of them all! And the best part is the supposed reason (the Issue of Soveriegnty or varients thereof) isn't even in the Bible! Nope, none of the writers even offer this as an explaination for upcoming slaughter .

Would any parent treat his/her children this way?

I think it's fiction. Like every other sacred religious text, it contains tales of places far, far away, a long, long time ago, with magical powers and mythical beings that for some strange reason cannot be found ANYWHERE today. Hmmm, what a coincidence. Can you think of a Religious belief system that DOESN'T follow this same manufactured plot?

I think it's odd that we can so easily dismiss the validity of other religious tales, yet whole heartedly embrace this one simply because it is one we've been accostomed to since childhood. That's how all religious adherents behave.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Princess,

It is my understanding that God cannot live beside sin, therefore the very monent there was dissension amongst the angels, He had to get them the heck out of there. Thus Evil on earth and in (our "limited" concept of) heaven was "born"

doogie,

God let it go too.

frankiespeakin,

God gave the angels and mankind free will, that is the freedom to choose whatever and whomever they please. (did I apply the "m" properly for all you spelling Nazies?)

JimTX,

Gods point is love, obedience out of love. Thats why some people say God is good or God is love.

funkyderek,

I would like to answer your question when I have a thorough answer please, I am a little bogged down here(twin boys 19 mos).

God doesn't expect loyalty, He deserves it though. Your ass is His.

I feel like I am trying to defend a new religion or something.

michelle

• Princess
    Princess

I don't snort.

• shamus
    shamus
    God is the grandest mack-daddy killer of all time with one global genocide, multiple regional genocides and numerous murder spree's under his belt. Almost every one of these blood fests were with people who he made no effort to change or inform. Heck the people of Noah's day hadn't even broken one of his laws! But stay tuned, he's going for the record at Armageddon - the biggest whack-down of them all! And the best part is the supposed reason (the Issue of Soveriegnty or varients thereof) isn't even in the Bible! Nope, none of the writers even offer this as an explaination for upcoming slaughter .

BRILLIANT!

Throwing out my bible was the best thing that I ever did.

• doogie
    doogie

you know, i was thinking...

the only people that know the bible better than jehovahs witnesses are ex-jehovahs witnesses. its a big risk trying to debate points from the bible on an X-JW board.

just a thought

• undercover
    undercover
    It is my understanding that God cannot live beside sin, therefore the very monent there was dissension amongst the angels, He had to get them the heck out of there. Thus Evil on earth and in (our "limited" concept of) heaven was "born"

God cannot live beside sin(sin that he invented). There was dissension causing him to "get them the heck out of there"...but he allowed them to influence his other creation on earth? What kind of powerful God would allow that? If he can't live beside sin and he's all powerful, just wipe em out. No fuss, no muss.

God doesn't expect loyalty, He deserves it though. Your ass is His.

Contradiction. He doesn't expect loyalty but your ass is his. Doesn't that mean do what I say or else? Doesn't that expect loyalty, whether from the heart or not?

LOL, yea you're kinda outnumbered. It's not that it's a new religion, it's just religion. Religion has taken a book that has some mytholocigal stories in it and pushed it off on people as a history book. That's hard to defend any way you look at it.
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos

IMO the title of this thread sums up pretty well why Satan was "invented" in the first place (as a comparison between 2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21 clearly shows). Historically he's "God"'s "younger twin" in a way, because "God" (in the monotheistic sense) could not afford to remain the one and only Cause for both good and evil in the long run (even though that was the very first conception of monotheism, cf. Isaiah 45:7).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67503/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit