If its good, God did it... if its bad Satan did it....

by Elsewhere 162 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

doogie,

A person would justifiably disipline a child as a consequence of their actions.

It would be unjust to punish a child as a consequence, that would be over-correction.

as a consequence of A & E action, God set them out on their own to learn disipline.

He didn't punish them with immediate death(on the spot) that would have been over-correction, and unjust. They were after all like innocent children(with sin)

michelle

• undercover
    undercover
    you know what just hit me? we're debating the dialogue of a story that has been proven time and time again to be completely fictitious. next, why don't we debate what luke skywalker really meant in his first line from star wars.

You're absolutely right, Doog my man. I agree. It's a bedtime story.

It kills me that people think that it really happened and that they can tell so much from it. Read it without outside influence and the perceptions of the Christian's idea of how it happened shows up to be in error.

Satan is clearly the bad guy throughout the bible .
    Well, yea if you read the bible as a novel. There's the good guy and the bad guy. God's the good guy, Satan's the bad guy. But going back to doogie's Star Wars example, Darth Vader was clearly the bad guy in the movie....but, he repesented the empire. Luke, Leia and Obiwan were rebels fighting to overthrow the empire. So who really was the bad guy? Rebels who fight to overthrow the existing government are usually not held in high esteem, but in the context of the movie, the rebels were good and the empire was bad. If you look at the Bible the same way you can make the same argument for or against both main characters.
  • myelaine
  • doogie
    doogie
    Darth Vader was clearly the bad guy in the movie....but, he repesented the empire. Luke, Leia and Obiwan were rebels fighting to overthrow the empire. So who really was the bad guy?

attaboy. see, that's how you do it. it's just that easy to argue for the divine ties to any story.

A person would justifiably disipline a child as a consequence of their actions.

It would be unjust to punish a child as a consequence, that would be over-correction.

thank you. that's much clearer.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Car,

Satan even tried to break jesus integrity which would have left mankind without salvation if he was successful . Satan is clearly the bad guy throughout the bible .

Actually the Satan of the NT did not exist in the older writing the idea of a "Satan the Devil" came after from the Persians and later was incorperated into the Scriptures that so in the Genesis account Satan does not even exist.

• undercover
    undercover

myelaine:

Apparently we left her speechless.

• myelaine
    myelaine

undercover,

It doesn't say that, I inferred it, based on my knowledge of God, my power to reason, and the text itself.

There were snakes in the garden for sure, but the mention of satanin the form of a snake doesn't occur until after he pronounced the earth and all that was on it good.

michelle

• undercover
    undercover
    It doesn't say that, I inferred it, based on my knowledge of God, my power to reason, and the text itself.

There's the problem, you inferred it to mean what you wanted it to mean. Forget what you think it means or what you want it to mean and read it for exactly what it says.

There were snakes in the garden for sure, but the mention of satanin the form of a snake doesn't occur until after he pronounced the earth and all that was on it good.

Where in the account does it even mention that Satan was the serpent?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This is a very interesting thread!

After reading all this stuff, I think I've come to a conclusion. God and Satan are basically two childhood friends playing with the same toy (earth). While playing with this, they have their disagreements, but it seems that God and Satan essentially work together.

Also, if this crap it true, God is the asshole. Look at the Job example. God let Satan kill off Job's family. The only reason these people died is because they were related to Job.

It's very similar to "You're part of the world, so you're as good as dead to me". Pretty lousy attitude to have.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

About the Persian influence and Satan the Devil even the book of Job has a resemblance to an older Persian myth. Zorasterism influence is responcible for this personification of good and evil found in the bible later on but in the book of genesis there is no such thing as a Satan the Devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit